Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Random Lego Store Discount

klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
edited June 2013 in Everything else LEGO
I had a happy experience at my Lego store while buying the four new LOTR sets. I was chatting with the salesperson about wishing the sets were available at a retailer who had a current 20% coupon discount on toys. She said she thought they were exclusive at Lego for a while, but did I have the 10% coupon from the catalog? I said no, so she went in the back and got a 10% coupon and applied 10 % discount to all four sets and threw the coupon in the bag for me! Now I have it to use on the #10237 Tower of Orthanc. Did I trigger some secret Lego VIP program or just run into an extra generous salesperson?

Comments

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    Just a very generous salesperson. But that is sweet - I think it is usually just a one-time only, one item per coupon deal.

The TRU friends and family coupon is tempting, but we all know that the coupon will simply bring their inflated prices back down to MSRP.
    klatu003madforLEGO
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    The retailer wasn't uber-deceptive-pricer-TRU, but Fred Meyer. Freddy carries Lego at MSRP and the coupons are on top of their sale prices. I picked up a #9473 Mines of Moria a few weeks ago for $31 from them on clearance. Sweet!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401

The TRU friends and family coupon is tempting, but we all know that the coupon will simply bring their inflated prices back down to MSRP.

Closer to MSRP :o)

TheLoneTensormadforLEGO
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited June 2013
    klatu003 said:

Now I have it to use on the #10237 Tower of Orthanc.

Just FYI, the tower will be out on 6/17, just a few days away. Stores are going to get them tomorrow, 6/15, but can't sell them until the 17th. You're correct. Great time for the coupon! :-)

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    @cloaked7 According to shop.lego.com #10237 won't be released until July 1st. I don't think the Lego store sells sets before the release date.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,914
    It will be available early for VIP members.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^^ The store manager volunteered the info when I commented on the new LOTR sets.

It will be available early for VIP members.

That's cool, but I think I will wait until the 1st. Then I can use my coupon and get a free hot dog stand poly.

• crewsercrewser Member Posts: 4
    Where do you get the coupon from?
    crewser said:

On the back of the Lego Catalog. But only if you live near a Lego Store. I live in between 2.

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 776
    @klatu003
    Make sure to fill out the customer service survey which you can find on the receipt from the transaction you told us of.
    klatu003
    @bmwlego
    Yes, I did fill out the survey with all tens and put the nice salespersons name in the "anyone you want to mention box." I always try to fill out the surveys and mention anyone who helped me. I returned and purchased the #10237 Tower of Orthanc yesterday with the 10%. Should have waited for the free hot dog stand poly, but the store is 2 hours away and I have to fit the visits into other obligations in the area. BTW I built the Ent last night and he is cute (this from someone who hates mechs in all forms.) He is very pose-able and his printed tile eyes are sweet. The first bags also had an Orc which Treebeard now has in his grip, ready to toss into the pit. The eagle decided to land on the other arm.
    starfire2 said:

crewser said:

On the back of the Lego Catalog. But only if you live near a Lego Store. I live in between 2.

@starfire2
    How close is "near a Lego Store." Maybe that explains why the catalogs I get don't have coupons!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    starfire2 said:

That's cool, but I think I will wait until the 1st. Then I can use my coupon and get a free hot dog stand poly.

or use it now and get a free Jor-El. Guess it depends on which freebie you want more

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    My 10% coupon simply covers sales tax at any of the LEGO stores in Chicago land unfortunately. While still nice and does take some off of the total, it would be a bit sweeter if it was not just taking the sales tax off of the item.
    @klatu003 I live 9 miles from one and 12 miles from another.
    @starfire2 - more than 100 miles for me, so it is a treat.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,961
    Can anyone tell me what is on the front of the latest Lego Catalog?
    (I'm trying to find it, because I really want to use the 10% coupon, and I do not recall if we received one this go around or not.)
  • MacheteroMachetero Member Posts: 26
    starfire2 said:

crewser said:

There has to be more criteria then that. I live down the street from one and I don't recieve catalogs unless I request them from the website and they never have coupons on them.