Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10234 - Sydney Opera House (Unveiled at Brickworld June 14, 2013)

124»

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,172
    @cheshirecat I know what you mean. I'll probably get it at some point in the next year or two, but it's not a 'rush out and get it asap' model. I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw it on display - it looks smaller than in the video, but then I think most models look smaller in the Brand Stores than they do in your home!
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    i have to agree with cheshirecat - i saw SOH on display in the window at the lego store in westfield and wasn't at all impressed - to me it was a block of dark tan pieces with odd looking white sails made out of very large pieces - compared to tower bridge and the modulars it was very disappointing

the EV was next to it and although i have no real interest in that it looked a much better model
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    As much as I was against it, when hubby wanted SOH I caved and agreed to get it. At 15" X 25" it is huge and ended up on our dining room table for now. I'm still not impressed with it. TLG does many things well, but to quote an earlier post this one is NQR! We have all of these landmark sets, and overall I feel they are well done so will probably continue to buy them.
  • givmellisgivmellis Member Posts: 23
    I just finished building this set, and I have to say I am so impressed with it. To some extent I agree with the sentiments from most about the finished model, but it is still looks very impressive and is instantly recognisable IMO. However, what really made me love this set is the build. It has got to be the most technically impressive and satisfying builds I have ever completed (ranks right up there with the VW camper van on my league table) and the variety of techniques employed is simply amazing. Also a good set of interesting parts as well!
    If anyone is sitting on the fence, and they love a challenging and technically impressive build, I would strongly recommend this one!