Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Your thoughts on 10019 Darth Maul bust and other Lego sculptures

Back when the Darth Maul bust was released I was ecstatic. Being a huge fan of Darth Maul, and anything else red in back, I was sold the moment I saw it. Even now, a decade later, it is still the pride of my Lego Star Wars collection, all while it sits right next to my Star Destroyer. However I feel as though I'm of the minority. Reviews for the set aren't stellar, and it seems only 400 or so brickset users own the set. Was this an unpopular set? And do you think we'd ever see a boba fett or vader bust? Would you want one if they released them? I personally don't know if I'd want another bust, darth maul was a perfect choice and I think additional busts would be over kill

Comments

• jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    I actually liked this set so much, I BLed it to display at last year's Emerald City ComiCon. Plus I got Ray Parks to autograph it :)
    sjerakat
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I had a used one that I sold, I have a new one in a worn box that I've debated building.

It is now a very old set with outdated instructions, so I'm not sure if I'll enjoy building it at this point.

That being said, Maul is pretty cool, shame he wasn't kept around for all 3 films like Vader was. He could have been developed more, but somehow Lucas didn't know what to do with him. And of course he didn't have anything like the "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force" line.

He needed that. :) His replacement was old and boring. :)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Your sad devotion to that....Darn it. I can't stop. I need help. Really I do.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    I also BrickLinked the Darth Maul sculpture. I quite like models like that - they somehow seem better to have on display than playsets.

Horrible building instructions though - one layer at a time, and no sense or way to know if you got a previous step wrong.

And... my family throught it creepy (maybe that means it's very realistic) and didn't want it out, and there was no way it was going in one of the display areas in my boys' room (nightmares!). So it got relegated to my study after my housesitter was particularly freaked out. In an accident I knocked it off my desk, and it's still in pieces because the nature of the instructions mean that I'll have to start again rather than repair.

I do like it though, and I would buy Darth Vader or Storm Trooper versions for sure.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,549