Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modern style Fire Truck to fit in 10197 Fire Brigade?

kreesekreese Member Posts: 4
edited June 2013 in Everything else LEGO
Hi guys,
Totally new here so hellooooo, but you may realise that from the terminology!
I own set #10197 and love it so much but wondered if Lego had done a fire truck of a more modern look to go in it and to scale?

I have seen some awesome custom ones but does anyone know of any that would fit and look right with this set?

Cheers!
Title edited - Matthew

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    If you're looking for an actual set, #60002 should work.
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    edited June 2013
    Set 60002 is too big I'm afraid!
    Ah, sorry, I forgot the wheels protrude.
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    Its the ladder on the top makes it too tall for the station and also think its too long aswell
  • kreesekreese Member Posts: 4
    Thanks guys, I just thought that this set doesn't look very American like the station does??
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ i think it looks similar enough to an old antique fire truck. check out this one:
    http://oldfaithfulnewcanaan.org/

many American fire systems still keep vintage trucks around around for shows, parades, etc.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    ^I agree. I don't think Lego is trying to do Ultra Modern with their Modular line anyway.
    it's definitely been a weird mix. Before PC I felt like they were all ~100 year old buildings, but in the current date setting - interiors, people, decor, etc all conveyed a modern look inside an older downtown-style architecture.

But Palace Cinema really broke that mold as the screen, movie playing, limo, cinema worker, etc all look more like they would be at home in a vintage Hollywood time setting, not the current one.
    I mean it's gorgeous stuff - don't get me wrong but I thought Lego may have produced an American style fire truck regardless- even if it didn't fit.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    dougts said:

it's definitely been a weird mix. Before PC I felt like they were all ~100 year old buildings, but in the current date setting - interiors, people, decor, etc all conveyed a modern look inside an older downtown-style architecture.

But Palace Cinema really broke that mold as the screen, movie playing, limo, cinema worker, etc all look more like they would be at home in a vintage Hollywood time setting, not the current one.

I thought the same - old buildings in modern world, though the FB threw me because the old-time engine implies a 1930's scene, while the ping pong table implies at least 1950's and the (heaven forbid!) women firefighters imply at least what, 1990's?

I'm just going to chalk it up that they are anachronistic if only to appeal to a wide range of ages and tastes. I will admit, if it were a modern fire engine, I would like the set less overall.
    kreese said:

I mean it's gorgeous stuff - don't get me wrong but I thought Lego may have produced an American style fire truck regardless- even if it didn't fit.

I guess what we are saying is that the truck included in #10197 *IS* an American style truck!

edited June 2013
    dougts said:

I guess what we are saying is that the truck included in #10197 *IS* an American style truck!

I believe the OP is looking for something both American-style and modern. And really, there aren't any sets that fit this. #60002 is close, but the typical American pumper doesn't have a ladder on top.

• EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    How about #7239? Will that fit in FB?
    ^ certainly not the trailer. the truck might, but it would be close
    Sorry guys, to clarify, I did mean a modern American pumper to fit in the 10197 building. The old one is ace, but just wanted a modern one too.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,462
    edited June 2013
    How about :

:-)
    indigobox