Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyone going to Brickworld Chicago?

I'll be at Brickworld Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If any Brickset members will be there it would be great to meet up!

If you can't make it I'll be posting video from the event at www.Brickpodcast.com

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Considered it but after all the moolah I spent at Star Trek Chicago last weekend, this weekend's trip and next weekend's trip, I need a vacation from vacationing...or at least my wallet does.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    I'll be there! I'm looking forward to the extended weekend of Lego fun.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    I'll be there for saturday.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I will be there on Saturday. My LUG has display space. I already sent my project with a member that's going all week.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    According to the LEGO Community Team blog they'll be doing a new set announcement at Brickworld. I think they usually do these on the Friday of the event. I'm assuming it will be the Sydney Opera House.
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I will be there Thursday through Sunday. I am hoping the set reveal is the new Winter Village set.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 571
    sidersdd said:

According to the LEGO Community Team blog they'll be doing a new set announcement at Brickworld. I think they usually do these on the Friday of the event. I'm assuming it will be the Sydney Opera House.

It's on the schedule for 8 PM - 8:15 PM Friday evening, "LEGO Set Unveiling"
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    My son is going up today for the weekend. He is very excited. We love Brickworld!!
  • IronManIronMan Member Posts: 20
    sidersdd said:

My guess would be the Cuusoo DeLorean.
    Stupid work. Next year I'm going for the full run. No excuses.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Decided to go at the last minute on Sunday.

Took some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Really, really, really liked the Bruce Wayne vignette, so good. The Wizard of Oz MOC took me by a huge surprise.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ Yeah the Wizard of Oz collaborative display was really cool. The same group did Alice and wonderland last year and I actually thought that was better but the moving tornado this year was really impressive.
    @lulwut - Great shots. And here I thought I took a ton of pictures.
    lulwut
  • LegoPodcasterLegoPodcaster Member Posts: 115
    For anyone who couldn't make it we have a ton of video from Brickworld posted on our YouTube page. You'll see interviews, video of the set unveilings and a tour of the entire Brickworld show floor.

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Looks like it was cool. I always seem to have things going on that weekend though (Shakespeare St. Louis typically) plus this year I also had the added expenses of Star Trek Chicago (my new profile pic is from there) and a trip to Kansas. Some day I'll make it though.