Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trading minifigs - one spreadsheet to manage all trades? Lets try!!!

allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
edited July 2011 in Marketplace
Hi minifig traders,

As we all know, once brickset.com makes use of the advanced collection manager for minifig trades, it will be the ultimate tool for trading lego. I know this will take a lot of time and effort (I am a web developer too and know wha't involved!) so in the meantime I'm planning to use a google spreadsheet.

Please see:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Auas9jF2PEStdFBUZWUtNzRxUl9ocm82TFZ5YzlWalE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I think it will work well, but I need to get some more people to populate it to test this theory!

Can you private message me your email, and I'll give you all editor rights.

Once a few people are set up, using it is very easy - just scroll along to find who has what you are after, and see if they need what you have!

This will be much easier than scanning forum posts with comments updating the list etc.

I think its a good interim solution.

At the moment I just publish sheet 1, I was thinking I could use sheet 2 to put more contact information in, as it will never be published to the web.

I'd really appreciate it if some of you can populate it and give me your feedback, and hopefully we'll get some good trades on the go!

I can then extend the spreadsheet to other lego forums to maximise numbers. I consider myselft a brickset member above all other sites so happy to be testing this out with fellow brickset members!

Cheers,

Ally

PS We can also maybe list below the minifigs other sets that we would be willing to trade, or are interested in?

I think minifig - minifig trading should be the spreadsheets first priority to keep it simple at first!

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    How about adding countries to the list? I've sent you my email.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,876
    This is a good idea, a lot more readable. Though I wouldn't be happy with my contact details being added, but rather people message me through the forum (we could then exchange email addresses). Is this only for trades? As I have a number of spares but would rather £ or other lego reimbursement.
  • allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
    Hi andhe,

Don't worry about adding contact details - just add a link to your forum url e.g. http://www.bricksetforum.com/profile/allyburns

It was initially for trades, but lets see it evolve - add a dollar sign in brackets if you will also sell them
    e.g. 2 (will $)

and below the list, add the lego items you'd like, or share your brickset collection url wanted list and add the url to the spreadsheet.

Cheers,

Ally
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,547
    Great idea, good luck with it!
    I really think that this has the potential to work, but there's only 3 people, including myself and @allyburns on it. There have been lots more people than that posting CM trade topics, so come and contribute to the list.
    I'm waiting for some ebay stuff in the post. Once I've sorted through it, will hopefully have some spares to trade.
    In terms of opening it out to other Lego groups/forums, what ones should I invite first?

Once we get 10+ users I think it'll take off quicker.

If I had time I'd make it a web app, but time I do not have! I'd love to make it a web app (this is my day job!)

• nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 376
    I've added myself allready, thanks a lot allyburns.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    I don't have much in the way of tradeables, but I'm up for joining.... PM sent to allyburns.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    Added my stuff about 2 minutes ago.
    People from Britain WHERE ARE YOU !? we need more people !! ;)
    Here goes...

I HAVE (all open):
    S1-
    Spaceman
    Robot
    Dummy
    Forestman
    Magician
    Zombie

S2-
    Mexican
    Traffic Cop
    Lifeguard x2
    Weightlifter
    Popstar
    Pharaoh
    Surfer
    Disco Guy x2

S3-
    Gorilla Guy
    Tribal Chief
    Pilot
    Fisherman
    Sumo x3
    Mummy x2
    Rapper x2
    Hula Girl
    Alien
    Baseball Player x2

S4-
    Werewolf x9
    Artist
    Gnome
    Geisha x2
    Musketeer x3
    Punk
    Sailor
    Hazmat
    Footballer x2

and Polybag 30054 AT-ST

I'll PM you Ally so you can add me to your spreadsheet, or people can PM me if they see something they want. Willing to trade/sell in UK. Please note, this is a list of 'spares' I have accumulated, but if I don't like your offer I'm under no obligation to accept it :P
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Gah! Just ended up with 3 traffic cops and a disco dude! I've just updated the spreadsheet! swaps wanted please!
    ^ What do you want for a disco dude and a cop?
    Actually, stupid question, I'll look at the spreadsheet ;-)
    I've updated my HAVE column.
    Spreadsheet updated. Have emailed @Matthew so he has first dibs :o)
    Updated my Spreadsheet list.

MyI NEEDS - these Series 5:
    - Egyptian Queen
    - Lizard Guy

My HAVES...

SERIES 5:
    - Clown 1x
    - Detective 2x
    - Cave Girl 2x
    - Snowboard guy 3x
    - Boxer 3x
    - Aerobics Girl 6x
    - Gangster 1x

SERIES 3:
    - Race driver 1x
    - Girl Snowboarder 1x
    - Mummy 1x

SERIES 4:
    - Gnome 1x
    - Frankenstein Monster 1x
    - Painter 1x
    - Soccer Player 1x
    Hi @legogeek, I have a lizard, can trade for a snowboarder, will PM you. Cheers, Ally
  • TownTown Member Posts: 68
    I would like this opened up for non-collectable minifigs somehow. I have a few random minifigs that I've acquired over the years that I just can't seem to find a place for in my town.
    ^ @Town If you say what you have, and what you want, you may mind some takers.
    ^ & ^^ In the case of 'random minifigs' photos might even be better. ;o)
  • TownTown Member Posts: 68
    Yes, some of the basketball ones might work by name alone, but I suppose I could create links to pictures of them. Maybe I'll try this once I get my camera unpacked.
    Received my trades with @allyburns
    Everything went smooth & easy and now a Lizard and Hazmat guy have a new home!
    Thanks Ally!
    anybody interested in series 2: explorer, weightlifter, mime, traffic cop,
    series 1: zombie
    series 4: hockey player, Sumo, skater boy

I need quite a lot from series 1 except ninja, diver, zombie, magician & robot
    series 2 i have all except whitch & skier

regards,
    Rafal.
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    This is a long shot, but anyone looking to trade your 16 sealed, unique ploybags for my sealed complete Series 1 CMFs set? I''m in France.
  • IntrospectiveIntrospective Member Posts: 9
    Hi all - I've just got a box of series 5 and have a royal guard, a boxer and a zookeeper spare if anyone needs them. Check my updated database. Expect an email soon if you have what I need!

I've got some spare Harry Potter polybags (lab and trolley) from the recent Sun giveaway, and will swap them for minifigs too.
  • bairdmanbairdman Member Posts: 23
    Hello guys.

I picked up a load of series 5 figs the other day and im keen to trade. All are sealed unless otherwise noted.

My Haves

Series 5

Egyptian Queen x 1
    Boxer x 2 (2 x opened)
    Cave Woman x 1
    Detective x 1
    Lizard Man x 2
    Evil Dwarf x 3 (2 x opened)
    Ice Fisherman x 1 (1 x opened)
    Fitness Instructor x 2
    Gangster x 3
    Royal Guard x 5
    Lumberjack x 3
    Snowboarder Guy x 1
    Small Clown x 2
    Graduate x 4
    Zookeeper x 7 (1 x opened)

My wants.

Anything from series 1-3.
    Dont have to be sealed but need all accessories.

Im in the UK and looking to trade with people from the UK.

Thanks for looking and i hope i can help.

Cheers.
  • TomAndTomAnd Member Posts: 12
    Spreadsheet updated!

Have S6 Genie, Alien and S5 Small Clown and Fitness Instructor for trade.. looking for other S5 or 6 (see spreadsheet). Post to UK only.
    Just wanted to say thank you to Introspective. The figures are great and exactly what i asked for.

Cheers,

John.
    @streeker - I'd be interested, do I have anything you need?
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited February 2012
    @Matthew, I'm afraid the CMF 1 set is spoken for.
  • TomAndTomAnd Member Posts: 12
    Updated spreadsheet, have S6 Mechanic (x4), Grey Alien (x4), Genie and S5 Small Clown and Fitness Instructor.

Now looking for..

S5
    Egyptian Queen, Cave Woman, Detective, Lizard Man, Evil Dwarf, Gladiator, Graduate

S6
    Flamenco Dancer, Highland Battler, Roman Soldier, Clockwork Robot, Surgeon, Skater Girl, Intergalactic Girl
    Found another series 5 Egyptian Queen behind my desk so iv updated my list ha.

Cheers,

John.
    Updated my list.
    I received a load of Series 3 today so iv updated my list. Let me know if your keen to trade.

Thanks,

John