Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

June 2013 New Sets

This is the first time I have paid attention to release dates since getting back into Lego. Can someone tell me if this is normal... I see that on June 1 Lego.com started selling the new sets, however I can't find them for sale at any local retailer (not even Amazon!) Is there normally a time delay between lego.com selling and the rest of the world getting them? I am itching like crazy to get these new sets, but I'd much rather pay lower prices locally.

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Which new ones are you looking for? Local retailers a lot of the time don't put stuff out on the street date due to having an abundance of older stock still on hand so that maybe why you havent found them yet.
  • danielnzlegodanielnzlego Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2013
    Specifically I'm talking about all the new City and Star Wars sets that were released on June 1 (town square, monster truck, coast guard etc.) I'm sure that given the high demand for Lego I'd assume retailers would want to get new releases in stock ASAP. If your theory applied, I would never be able to get new release CDs or DVDs because retailers want to sell old stock first :P
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    My local lego store has all the new Castle, LotR, Galaxy Squad sets, but no SW yet. I was hoping to get the Sail Barge, but they said they might not get them in until July. Bah.
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    The summer release of SW last year was late July, Early August last year