Building Steps

MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
edited July 2011 in Building and Techniques
I hadn't seen this bit on lego.com before. Does anyone know where these designs come from?
The tiger is lovely, but I have barely any orange bricks, nevermind slopes...some nice designs, but a lot seem unrealistic.
http://club.lego.com/en-gb/Building/BuildingSteps.aspx?cat=&showpage=0
Edited by @Matthew 03/07/11 22:00 BST - Reason: Moved Discussion

Comments

• achillespdxachillespdx Member Posts: 106
    Wow, some of those are really nice. Who else didn't know this page existed?
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    ^ Me for one.

Agree with S_S - some of the necessary pieces are hardly likely to be found just lying around, which is a shame as some of the designs are really nice.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Very nice little Potter house...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,441
    ^ which are the 'alternate instructions' for The Burrow
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Wow, thanks for the link, am liking the scooby doo van
  • legohairlegohair Member Posts: 41
    Very cool. Looks like some of these may have begun as uploaded LDD designs? Maybe this explains the use of non-common parts in high numbers, like the tiger orange slopes...
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2011
    I've not seen these before. The tiger does look rather cool - I might have a go at building him.
  • slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
    I found it the other day... and wouldn't have been interested in The Burrow had not I seen that little cottage. :)
  • allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
    The Mystery Van (scooby doo van?) does indeed look cool, and is made of fairly common pieces. Make it any colour you like they say - I suspect a few multi-coloured versions!

Like many people I suspect, I keep my lego sets as sets, and acquire spare bricks second hand exclusively for MOCS. If I could bring myself to mix them all together I'd have plenty bricks, but I just can't do it!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ You need to start buying multiples then :)
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Nice Mystery Van! Shame there's no parts list like on a few others.
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    Really like the Mystery Van! Thanks for sharing the link.
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 181
    Thanks for the link.
    I built the tiger yesterday evening and it's rather nice.
    I think the face reminds me a little of Bagpuss, or Churchill from the insurance adverts.
    If only there was a decent range of parts in either dark pink or magenta...
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    My wife and I played a game with these types of instructions from the Lego website just this week. We found the 3-a-month instructions for the Builders Of Tomorrow set and would read the title of one of the instructions (such as Girl Skipping Rope) and then each build our interpretation secretly. When we were done, we'd compare with each other and then look at the official Lego picture.

We found that the Lego model was somewhere in between her constructions and mine. It was a lot of fun and a very simple activity.