Pirate Ship Ambush stop motion build video

yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
Hey guys, it's been a while since I made any brickfilms, but I recently picked up the Pirate Ship Ambush set #79008. Being a huge pirate ship fan I had to get this, and since I did a build video for the Black Pearl and QAR I thought I'd do one for this too. I actually finished the filming over a week ago but I procrastinated finding the right music.

I tried to fix some of the problems that plagued my other videos, like poor lighting, flickering light, camera shaking, and while I think this one is better, I must have messed up the exposure or gain cause some of the bricks that appear red in video are actually brown :(

Anyways, I'd like to know what you all think!
Thanks!

TheBigLegoski

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    I like how the guy building the catapult gets launched as he walks off.

From the coloration in the background it appears you're using multiple types of light source like one incandescent bulb and one tungsten, halogen or LED bulb. I'm not sure what you meant by 'gain' but the images (especially at the end) are very red which is due to incorrect color temp/white balance which would be hard to get correct with inconsistent lighting types. Using one light type will allow you to adjust your white balance properly to get the colors looking correct.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    @graphite thanks for the tips! I hadn't even considered that I may be using different bulbs. I used 3 different lamps, all I know for sure is that they're not LED, I had watched/read a couple tutorials about brickfilming and they mentioned LED lights tend to flicker and that can be bad for filming. I'll have to double check my lamps and make sure they're all the same.

As for the pics at the end, I knew those would come out bad. I was pretty tired by then and just wanted to finish haha. With the set up and filming, it took me pretty much all day.