Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Discounts at Amazon

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    My father is a Civil War nut. I want to create something special for him in the future :)
    khmellymelpiratemania7
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I actually saw these for $9.99 as well at my local TRU while buying a baseplate. Couldn't believe my eyes.
    Goldfreekmargot
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Was going to order like 20 but it would only let me order 5. Could use the canons eventually for my pirate ship MOC. Whats the time limit before I can order the max again from amazon? A week?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ yes
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,238
    They're simply price matching TRU. You've got until tonight, I'd guess.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,233
    edited August 2013
    About time, I (and Im sure others) used the 'tell us about a lower price' link in the Cavalry builder Amazon.com listing about 6-7 days ago about the TRU price.
    Better late than never I guess.. strange that I did not see this in my Amazon cart, but thanks for the heads up @ckenda1!
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    I was just at TRU and they are indeed $9.99. If you got TRU's email the other day you can get an extra 20% off your entire purchase. I grabbed a 2nd set from TRU and kept my Amazon order.

I also grabbed a #76007 Malibu Mansion Attack for $28 while at TRU. Price matched the $35.99 Online TRU price + 20%.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ Was the 20% off a unique code, or was it just a standard anyone-can-use coupon?
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    ^ No idea. Just said here is a special offer for you and your kid. I guess it could be unique.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I bought this LR set while picking up a Lawnmower Man in TRU last week. It is a very cool set which will be used to guard my Friends neighborhood from attacks by hubby's trolls. LR was our hero as kids in West Texas. Hi yo, Tonto!
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    @margot- Why did you have to post this? Now I have credit card in hand and I'm ready to hit, 'add to cart!' I shouldn't, but I don't think I can resist. I can maybe justify buying it if I put it away for a Christmas present for my son. P.S. I also see that the Robie House is on sale too. That will just have to wait though. I so love these architecture sets. Oh well, here goes.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I love them too! My 8 year old and I wanted this and Falling Water.
    We have had Fallingwater for a few years now. We love it. Did you get it? It has a very cool feature, plus it was a wonderful build.
    ^Haven't bought it yet but we will some day. I did buy Imperial Hotel when I saw it was on sale. Now if only I could find Tower Bridge on sale... I've been waiting to buy that one for years...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Beautiful set, but like so many others, it's not in my wheelhouse, so I have to say no. Nice discount though.
    edited September 2013
    I don't think Tower Bridge will ever go on sale. For my son and me, it is just a set to be admired every time we go to the Rock Center store- so close, yet so far out of reach!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,674
    @LegoMom1, lower I saw it was 178 (amazon matching WM price) in Oct 2012
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Amazon US appears to have matched most of the discounts at Target this week on LEGO and Ninjago sets.
    edited September 2013

@LegoMom1, lower I saw it was 178 (amazon matching WM price) in Oct 2012

Sorry, I don't know what set you are referring to.
    edited September 2013
    ^Tower Bridge. Getting confusing because the threads relating to Amazon got combined.
    ^What a great price for that set, but still too pricey for my pockets. Oddly enough, I'm actually happy to have Tower Bridge as a set to be seen and admired on occasion, yet, just out of reach.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,238
    Thanks @Margot. The UK sales threads are a bit more tidy so we do our best to keep up on the US side.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    edited September 2013
    tensor said:

Lego does have reps that go to retailers and restock on a weekly basis. They are basically there to make sure the marketing is in place, the setup is clean as well as setup (and take down) the lexan display cases. I know this happens at TRU, Target and Walmart at least (well, my stores anyway).

I just ran into a couple of these reps at a TRU in Northeast Ohio last week. We were making small talk when I blurted anxiously and snarly, "When is FB and DS going to retire?"!!!

Honestly though, they were nice and thankful for the support. (Although I had an Acid Storm Transformer Masterpiece in my hands as we talked about how awesome LEGO is).
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^So what'd they say? Mind you, I don't take stock in whatever their actual answer was, but I always find it fascinating to hear what employees of Lego think they know.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,074
    In case anyone is interested the Chima Lion Temple #70010 is down $20 to $99 and #75020 Jabba's Sail Barge is down about $19 to $101. Not bad for new sets.

In case anyone is interested the Chima Lion Temple #70010 is down $20 to $99 and #75020 Jabba's Sail Barge is down about $19 to $101. Not bad for new sets.

Barge is down to 101.. where it probably should be. I'm guessing this is another huge RRP that will always wind up being around 99 dollars
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    Let's just not end up letting the barge equal the palace in terms of time spent talking about it. :)
    madforLEGOFollowsClosely
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    Just in case anyone had to have #70010 now, I'm pretty sure Amazon was price matching Target's site, and Target has upped their price now back to RRP, so Amazon will likely do the same soon. I'm holding out for ~$80 on that one though.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    There is a Jabba's sail barge on Amazon now for $47.17 +$6.99 shipping. Seems fishy as the weight is 3.1 lbs whereas the Amazon listing has a weight of 3.5 lbs. Also this cheaper barge says:

The main production country: China

I'm going to pass, but somebody might want to take a chance.
  • zippityzoomzippityzoom Member Posts: 86
    I'm going to guess that is barge minus minifigs/box.
    Coast Guard is about 20% off at 64.76. #60014 (also at Walmart same price)
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    ^same at tru
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Lotr #79008 is now 86.17.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,674
    @margot, thanks was about to go get it this week-end at B&N with the 20% and $5 coupon I had but this end up being a couple bucks cheaper :)
    margot
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B009TCYK74/ref=nosim/water70e-20 < The Hobbit An Unexpected Gathering is down to $53.84
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    ^Somehow I think the Gathering will still go lower.
    ^- I hope so I would not mind getting a few for parts.
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    I found 2 Gathering sets a month ago at Walmart for $25 each. Only sets they had and the other stores around still had them for full price... A couple days later, the store prices went back up to $54 even though they were out of stock...
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    I found 2 Gathering sets a month ago at Walmart for $25 each. Only sets they had and the other stores around still had them for full price... A couple days later, the store prices went back up to $54 even though they were out of stock...
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    That's awesome that you found that deal twice
    madforLEGOPitfall69LegoMom1canon03adol7bluemodern
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    That's funny stuff right there :-)
    @Sweetness34- That comment was priceless!!!
    edited October 2013
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    Pitfall69 said:

That's funny stuff right there :-)

LegoMom1 said:

@Sweetness34- That comment was priceless!!!

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
    AT-TE is 69.46 today
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AXFK96M/ref=nosim/water70e-20 < Smaller deal but the Lego Strikes Out movie with the Vader minifig is 50% off at $7.50
    The AT-TE price is nice, but I just cannot pull the trigger on it as I know they will be likely out for two years.