Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Discounts at Amazon

Comments

• underhandednmunderhandednm Member Posts: 3
    FINALLY was able to get something from one of these flash sales! HE is ordered and confirmed. thanks for the heads up @iancam33!
    LegoFanTexas
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479

Gotta get my Lego fix, work be damned! :)

Buying discounted Lego is work :).

LegoFanTexasBrickDancerMathBuilder
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    B-wing is also down to $155.51 if any fools other than me still care about that thing.

Also just noticed Amazon isn't selling technic anymore and read the thread confirming it.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/7410/any-reason-why-amazon-us-doesnt-sell-technic-sets

Looks like I will have to buy my technic directly from [email protected] from now on as TRU jacks up prices and they haven't been doing bogo on anything decent lately.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    ^ Yep, that is why TRU now excludes Technic from BOGO deals, because they know they can.
    Hothgar
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,654
    TRU does not always exclude Technic from BOGO's; you can usually tell when the prices of all the Technic sets go up by 10-20%
    leppg
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    missed on these deals :(
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited May 2013
    In regards to Technic being on sale at TRU I really believe it's a YMMV thing. While often excluded from sales online, I stopped by my local store and they had the BOGO signs all over the place including Technic sets. Same goes for their silly reward bucks. You can only use one online but in store I am able to use up to 4 at once. Not sure why they place so many restrictions online, I guess it could be to force people into the store.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    since we are on the TRU topic has anyone taken advantage of their offer for the free gaunlet and storage case, poster and chima set(with purchase of a chima set)?
    Amazon US now has the Tower Bridge on sale... Albeit only for 229.54
    it amazon is trying to thin on older sets in anticipation of newer ones? is that the reason for this striking good deal :)
    ^ Just need them to do the same for TB and PC.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    Last October, Amazon had TB at $178.55, not sure if it was the cheapest ever, but cheaper I ever saw (was PM from Walmart.com)
    $178.55 is the lowest price from Amazon I have paid as well. Walmart has done lower, once...
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    I was surprised, amazon seemed to have 59 Arkham Asylum and 999+ Vampyre Castle. I am hoping for a similar if not better sale!
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    Most people speculate the prices on the Haunted House and Arkham Asylum yesterday were triggered by a Japanese seller with ridiculously low prices. Their price bot may have lowered those prices automatically.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    ^ there is no way that would happen.
    we need more bots to do that then :P reduce it more so that i can have some :P LOL.. wishful thinking
    exciter1 said:

Most people speculate the prices on the Haunted House and Arkham Asylum yesterday were triggered by a Japanese seller with ridiculously low prices. Their price bot may have lowered those prices automatically.

$178.55 is the lowest price from Amazon I have paid as well. Walmart has done lower, once...

I don't remember the AM sale, but I do remember the WM sale, and I found all kind of excuses not to get one. Oh well, lesson learned.

I guess time will tell to see if Amazon did this to get rid of all of their HH stock and reduce stocks in other in demand sets.. Or they did it to make Walmart TRU and Target sweat.And if this was due to a price bot (I'm guessing it was not) then expect that to be fixed real quick.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Remember, summer has just started. Volume is down. Deals to be had. But you've got to be quick with the trigger finger.

• EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Received my Haunted House from Amazon.com. The outer brown box was not even the smiley amazon box , it had a little bit of brown paper in lieu of packaging. Did everyone else get theirs in good condition? My box(set) has a few creases.
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Well I did get the smiley box, but it was quite crumpled. Luckily the hh box just one dent. Not too bad though. I was a bit nervous when I saw the state of the outer box.
    Yeah, all in all not bad. Its not pristine,few creases at one corner but for 134$ its a keeper:-)

HH came with Fedex, outer box 5x too big and crushed but overall set in good condition with a minor crease. AA came with UPS, fitting outer box with minor damage and the set has major creases and crushed corners... go figure.
  • gamecocksteeplegamecocksteeple Member Posts: 19
    Got 2 HE in perfect size shipping box Saturday and sets were mint:) I was nervous they were clearing out bad boxes.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 1,996
    FedEx 'delivered' my two HE on Saturday. To where? No one knows. Surprisingly, Amazon is shipping out two more without even seeming to care what happened.

Can't complain on Amazon's end at all, but I'm unsure as to why they went with FedEx over UPS here, as I don't think I've ever had them use FedEx in the past (and I preferred it that way, honestly).
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    y2josh said:

FedEx 'delivered' my two HE on Saturday. To where? No one knows. Surprisingly, Amazon is shipping out two more without even seeming to care what happened.

Can't complain on Amazon's end at all, but I'm unsure as to why they went with FedEx over UPS here, as I don't think I've ever had them use FedEx in the past (and I preferred it that way, honestly).

My experience is completely opposite. I've had no problems at all with FedEx but often UPS"attempts" delivery 3 times without leaving a notice and I end up having to go to the depot. Once they sent 2 boxes back and Amazon had to re-ship.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 1,996
    ^I have no doubt it's a regional thing. FedEx is absolutely the worst around here with USPS having long been the best, but UPS has been turning things around lately. I actually had to drop Entertainment Earth as a distributor because they refused to use UPS and FedEx probably lost probably a quarter of my packages.
    My 2 HH came in a #5 box that was big enough to fit 4 of them. Fortunately, the extra space was padded with brown paper. The outer box was crushed a bit on the top and side, but the two HH inside survived with no visible damage. The delivery SMS that I had signed up for indicates that I could go to amazon.com/box to provide feedbacks on the packaging. I did not even know about this. Has anyone left any packaging feedback before?
    ^ Yes, many times, and it hasn't changed anything that I can see.

I just received 2 boxes from Amazon today, 1 of them crushed, the other was fine.

It is very hit or miss, but the quality of the shipping boxes just isn't there. If the shipping company is nice to them, yes they are fine, if they use them for soccer, then no, they fail. :(
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    I saw the forum posts about HH and AA too late (~5 minutes late for AA). Thus I was only able to order HE, ordered 2, they came today (UPS) box was way too big for them and arrived crushed but only on one side. I opened the box hopping that the sets had survived, nope! The worst case of crushing I have seen from an amazon order ever. I am still not sure if they were already crushed before shipping or if it all happened in transit. Requested a replacement but the option is not available since Amazon is out of stock. The only option was refund :(
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    @mathbuilder: keep them and ask for money back. They are usually good about that.
    ^^ same thing happen to me and the TB, I waited for the TB to be back in stock then I asked for an exchange.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Got mine AA and HH yesterday outer box crushed on one side the set boxes were in good shape I think if they used air padding over some crumpled up brown paper it would ship better
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,099
    Why is it that the better deal people get on something the more they complain?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2013
    ^ the price paid for something has nothing to do with the condition of the box it comes in. If someone buys an item listed as NEW from a major online retailer, the expectation is that the item should arrive in reasonable condition, not beat up. Whether the person paid 100% of RRP or 50% of RRP is irrelevant, unless the item is advertised as being clearanced, as-is, slightly damaged, etc.
    I have been buying Lego from Amazon for a long time and its the first time I have received slightly sub standard packaging( hence my surprise). I also paid close to $50 less than what I would have paid elsewhere, so I figure I can live with a slightly dented box.

I just have a question, do people get in touch with [email protected] if you receive a dented box of something on sale or clearance? If not, why not treat Amazon.com the same way.
    Imho Amazon.com provides the best customer service, does not mean we have to abuse it. Just my 2 cents...carry on:-)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    I too order a lot of LEGO sets from Amazon, and 95% of the time, they are delivered in shelf-worthy or better condition. I don't expect perfect, just no major dents or punctures. That isn't unreasonable. I hold LEGO, TRU, Target, etc. all to the same standard as well.

My order of 1x AA and 2x HE came with the following results: all 3 in the same BIG box (unusual, as I often get things shipped seperately, like LEGO does), plus not enough packaging. The combination of too much free space combined with using paper wadding instead of air packs, and not enough wadding results in a lot of shifting withing the outer box. the AA was severely crushed and one of the HE's had puncture wounds all the way through the box (these had to have happened pre-shipment, as there was nothing in the box that could have caused it.
    @dougts It took me a long time to compose the above post:-) somehow it landed after yours. Please don't take it as a criticism to your comment, it was definitely not meant to be. Please accept my apologies if it came across as such. :-)

But my argument still stays:-)

I got my boxes from Amazon. The one with the TH was pushed in on one side and the top ripped, and the UPS guy admitted to that when he tried to pick up the box by it, but he is a good guy so I did not really care as it was just the box. I opened the box and found tha tthe side was pushed it but it did not damage the TH, the TH box did have shelf wear (no biggie) but that was it..
    I'm guessing this is one reason why Amazon is using huge boxes.. they know that due to the weight and size the are going to get kicked around.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    HH arrived in prime condition.
    Good stuff.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    Got my 2 AA's in one box along with another item I ordered. Outside box was creased a little on one side but AA's were just fine.
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 123
    HH arrived well - packaged and in perfect condition from UPS!
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    why must all "big sales" topic turn into a "condition of the box" topic...
    im not saying its right getting dmg box and personally i would complain, but not on the forum but with the dealer/seller. i mean honestly i'll see that there are new comments so i come to this page expecting that there will be more sales. but nope all i find is ppl complaining that their box is dmg or fine
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    ^Because there is a conspiracy theory as to why a retailer is selling said Lego at great prices.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^^ would you prefer "bump"?
    Pitfall69
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,937
    edited June 2013

why must all "big sales" topic turn into a "condition of the box" topic...
    im not saying its right getting dmg box and personally i would complain, but not on the forum but with the dealer/seller. i mean honestly i'll see that there are new comments so i come to this page expecting that there will be more sales. but nope all i find is ppl complaining that their box is dmg or fine

Because it makes sense that it does. When a big sale occurs, and a thread like this is created, everyone chimes in on the good deal. Then, after a few days delay, the second wind of the thread begins where those who participated in the sale discuss their experiences. I think you see more complaints than praise because when things follow the happy-path, people rarely feel the need to comment about it. In any event, it helps people to better understand their options when they do encounter a shipping problem, because they hear what others are doing/have done to resolve their issues.

That being written, I will admit, I too see "new" on this thread and a small part of me does get excited that someone might have posted that the sale is back on, alas.
    neomonkey
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I also like these follow through posts that show folks actually got the deal. We have seen deals in the past that got "canceled" and merch wasn't sent due to web site or inventory errors. I like to see that people really did get these sets at this price.
    ^ Ok, happy post... :)

My pair of HE arrived in nearly perfect condition (at least for Amazon), except that they decided to put a huge sticker on the back of one of them, one of their inventory control stickers, it is 3x4" in size, just right in the middle. Blah!

Clearly Amazon thinks the LEGO box is just packing material!

As for my pair of AA, neither is perfect, but both are ok. One has a 1" gash in the bottom edge, looks like it was dropped. The other is nicer overall, but not mint.

Not complaining, considering some of the damaged sets I get from Amazon (see attached X-Wing picture!), these aren't too bad.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Wow, that X-Wing is jacked up. What the heck happened to that shipping box? No wonder mail carriers ring the door bell and run.