Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Discounts at Amazon

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310

I never even got off the waitlist. I guess Amazon lied and I was really No.2 :)
    Agreed on the time thing...sheesh! I swear people are writing scripts or something to claim these lightning deals so fast.

@BlueMoonUSA- the set is almost down to the lightning deal price right now. $9.85 for #79005 wizard battle

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    An Unexpected Gathering was dropped further to $46.75. If anyone already purchased it for $48 you can make a claim for your $1.25.

Ended up snagging Helms Deep for $95 and Constitution Train for $62. I'm now closing my Amazon browser to prevent further temptation.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ I wish you would close mine as well bc I haven't been able to make myself do it.
    Goldfreek
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    samiam391 said:

Jabba's Palace went back down to $70 apparently. There was 1 left in stock and I didn't hit checkout fast enough. I'll be watching the rest of the day hoping for a discount.

If you don't get it from Amazon, Target still has Jabbas Palace for $70

• mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Aaaaargh! TLR Train 40% off! How many claims will I make today?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    mooman66 said:

Aaaaargh! TLR Train 40% off! How many claims will I make today?

Last night Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit went to 48% off, AT-TE is now at 45% off, I spent an hour early this morning sending price adjustment emails. So far, over $200 credited back and counting (there were other smaller items as well). :)

Wish they had an easier tool to do it with, but then perhaps everyone would do it and they would cut it off.
    dr_teng said:

Wow, that Jabba's palace price seems amazing, shame it seems to have died before I woke up.

You almost have to be a night owl sometimes, I caught those deals at 2 am. By morning they were gone.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,229
    edited December 2013
    Missed the train, colby city show downs :-( Then again it stops me from buying anymore of those.
    However Pirate ship ambush is now at 40% off
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    My goodness the hive crawler, rancor pit and AT-TE were all purchased at amazing prices this morning. Amazon is coming after walmart's after X-mas clearance apparently. Man margins must be terrible this season.
    ^I'd keep an eye on the train. Amazon has been re-supplying stock throughout the day, keeping the same discount.
    edited December 2013
    CircleK said:

^ I wish you would close mine as well bc I haven't been able to make myself do it.

Confession time..... My Amazon tab is still open. My words say no, but my mind says yes.
    margotpharmjod
    #7939 Cargo train is 25% off at 135
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    toysrus discount brought that down to $58 so may be we see lower than that for the train..
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Thats a good price for the cargo train for those who missed it at $125 Friday.
    Yeah I did, 135 is what you will get if you BOGO50% the train right now at TRU, minus tax.
    @madforLEGO- If you want one more train you can always purchase it on YoYo. $90 + JOYLEGO 30% off.
    edited December 2013
    @samiam391 thanks but I already used that coupon over the weekend for two coastal cutter sets.
    I also got one or two trains from yoyo.com at 62 dollars each I believe a couple of weeks ago, so no biggie that I could not get the trains now, but thansk for the heads up!
    @madforLEGO- You've been busy. :o)
    Yeah, been mostly watching Amazon, but I notice TRU also has the 9397 Logging truck for retail again.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,198
    I managed to control myself for 15 minutes....then I ordered 5 sets....
    adol7red237BumblepantsDougoutkylejohnson11BuriedinBricks
    edited December 2013
    #71908 Stagecoach is now available for $18.69.
    #79001 Mirkwood Spiders dropped to $16.99.
    #79010 Goblin King Battle lowered to $57.79.
    #76003 Battle of Smashville down to $30.59.
    #76007 Malibu Mansion is down to $26.99.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    ^ I hate you. Actually, I like you. My wallet hates you.
    madforLEGOadol7
    @samiam391 my wallet hates you....so so much....another order placed....
    @hoyatables our wallets should be friends :)
    #7938 Passenger Train is at $112.49. Not as dramatic of savings, but lowest I've seen it at.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    samiam391 said:

#79010 Goblin King Battle lowered to $57.79.

And still a wildly overpriced hunk of junk at the price.
    I fully expect to pick this set up for 70%+ off at Walmart after Christmas.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited December 2013
    My newest concern: having the price adjustments drop my order price to the point where I get charged for the stupid bear. Would they do that?
    starfailure
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    edited December 2013
    samiam391 said:

#7938 Passenger Train is at $112.49. Not as dramatic of savings, but lowest I've seen it at.

The Black Friday lightning deal was $90 something.

edited December 2013
    ^ Wow, was busy at TRU getting a TS that I missed some good deals on Friday.

I REALLY want to get another #7939 cargo train for 134.99, my wallet however does not think it a good idea
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    ^ I tried snagging the #7938 through the lightning deal on Friday and failed. It was gone in microseconds. I'm hoping the deal reappears. We're still early in the Christmas season.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Just a FYI... There was a segment on 60 Minutes last night about Amazon. A pretty amazing company, as most of us already know. One interesting thing - the company isn't concerned about profits (at least not now). Customer service is their focus (again, most of us already know that). If I were a competitor to Amazon I would be watching them like a hawk.

Also, their servers, I.T. infrastructure, etc. looked amazing. I work in I.T. and was awed.
    Goldfreek
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    cloaked7 said:

If I were a competitor to Amazon I would be watching them like a hawk.

Amazon has competitors?

madforLEGO
    edited December 2013
    #60007 high speed police chase set is $19.71
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    @cloaked7- I saw that too. Amazing is the only word for it Highlights were on the Today show this morning also. Betting their stock soars today. Not sure about drones deliverng items though. Can you just see it, Lego falling from the sky?
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^Wait. On second thought, Lego falling from the sky would be a good thing!
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    margot said:

I never even got off the waitlist. I guess Amazon lied and I was really No.2 :)
    Agreed on the time thing...sheesh! I swear people are writing scripts or something to claim these lightning deals so fast.

@BlueMoonUSA- the set is almost down to the lightning deal price right now. $9.85 for #79005 wizard battle

Thanks @margot Just picked one up :)
    Watching items that are sold out, hoping to get a deal like I got yesterday when Amazon put more Family houses up for under 50. My guess is they stopped people from trying to circumvent the limits and readded them to stock.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Darn it, I'm waiting for the new castle to go on sale :(.

My guess is they stopped people from trying to circumvent the limits and readded them to stock.

Some people will get away with that, but Amazon prides itself in holding to those limits.

If you google search "Amazon banned buyer", you'll find plenty of threads from people complaining about being banned from buying from Amazon...

For life...

It isn't worth it... in my personal opinion...
    LegoMom1 said:

^Wait. On second thought, Lego falling from the sky would be a good thing!

What? Think of all the damaged boxes! :)
    Poochy said:

The new castle was on sale on Amazon.com recently for 69.99 I think, I do not remember when It was either on BF or over the weekend.
    Pitfall69FollowsClosely
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    LegoMom1 said:

Can you just see it, Lego falling from the sky?

Have a visual from the movie 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'. :-)

• FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    79008 - Pirate ship Ambush back up to 98.
    I'll be watching Helms deep like a hawk as I'm sure a lot of others are. Discovered it was back in stock and on-sale...as soon as I went to add it to cart was sold out at the 95 price...
    Pirate Ship is still on sale at Target, 30% BOGO as well
  • ShouldavilleShouldaville Member Posts: 51
    Speaking of damaged boxes...Amazon shipped my Cargo Trains in white bags! First sets I've had like that from them. That's something Groupon does.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @Shouldaville - Try their online chat. They'll either give you promo credit OR send you a new item.
    edited December 2013

79008 - Pirate ship Ambush back up to 98.
    I'll be watching Helms deep like a hawk as I'm sure a lot of others are. Discovered it was back in stock and on-sale...as soon as I went to add it to cart was sold out at the 95 price...

Pirate ship ambush is sold out right now for Amazon. Third parties are charging that 89.72

Kinda mad that I missed out on those Colby city sets though... Actually TLR Colby city sets are back available for 26.34 again, got a couple
  • crosseyedpiratecrosseyedpirate Member Posts: 44
    Colby City is back on sale
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479

Poochy said:

The new castle was on sale on Amazon.com recently for 69.99 I think, I do not remember when It was either on BF or over the weekend.
    Right, I hesitated at 30% off, was hoping it would go down even more :).

• dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    AT-TE is back in stock. I've been refreshing all day since missing it earlier.