Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collecting Lego Key Chains

atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
Does anyone collect lego key chains? How do you display these lego key chain figures. I am tempted to start my collection with the 4 main characters from the TMNT series.

Comments

• Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    I've been collecting key-chains for many years now and probably have about 200 (including some duplicates) spread across lots of different themes (Batman - Original, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Atlantis etc.).

It's a slippery slope (like many aspects of this hobby of ours, really) and I can be almost as obsessive as some of the polybag collectors! I also collect the magnets...

At the moment, they are kept individually in small re-sealable bags, as they have nowhere to be displayed, but maybe one day...
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    I love me a LEGO keyring too! I'm only just starting my collection but am really excited :)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I remember getting key chains as a kid and not really knowing what to do with them, then when I became an AFOL I have collected a couple here and there only to wear them out and discard them, I donit really collect them.

Although I do have that VIP Valentine Mini Figure all wrapped up in pristine condition...
    Oooh, a VIP Valentine... dare I ask if it's for sale / trade at a reasonable price?
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 232
    has anyone got the Shaq O`neal baskeball keychain so I can complete my collection ..
  • Lego2012Lego2012 Member Posts: 59
    And here was me thinking I was the only one, I have such an obsession with the key chains, I wish I had started collecting years ago!
    This thread got me rummaging through my collection - have just added a new post to the Marketplace, offering my spares for sale / trade, if anyone's interested :)
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    resisted the urge to order the TMNT key rings this timeround. Only pulled the trigger on the gold minfig key ring with my recent purchase at lego.com
  • spaceinvader1979spaceinvader1979 Barcelona - CataloniaMember Posts: 50
    I've collect SW key rings, but i've keep them in small plastic bags until i find the correct place to show them.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    That looks like a shop Andy!

I have about 30 key chains, really like them. My favourite is the old gray suit batman.
  • ljames28ljames28 Member Posts: 88
    richo said:

That looks more like a shop than my shop does.

atkinsarkhmellymelAdeelZubair
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited May 2013
    Like a candy store...

Johnnyfinlandia
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ...or like a Woolworths pick'n' mix. "I'll have one of these, and one of those, ooh and three of them...stuff it, just fill the trolley..."
    atkinsarJohnnyfinlandiaLostInTranslation
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I don't allow shopping trollies in Carl, marks the floor. I think I've over reacted to living miles away from a brand store, eff it, I'll build my own and have 100% AFOL days everyday, I make the cats queue outside and watch them try to hide their disappointment as I hand out TIE polys to pass the time.

Anyway apologies for thread-jacking, I should know better since I work here, at least one of the pictures was kinda relevant.
    carlqcheshirecatLostInTranslation
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Currently we have maybe a dozen key chains, but we plan to get more. During the Christmas season they will decorate our tree. The remainder of the year they will hang from a chain across the front of a shelf.
    richo said:

Oh man... I want to shop here :-)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    @atkinsar Loving the perspex shelf for Unexpected Gathering.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    41 unique keychains and counting! Including the vast majority of recent keychains. I stuck hooks onto my shelves and display them all like that. I have duplicates of a couple on my keys too, which I swear has more keychains on it than actual keys! :-P
    @atkinsar Love your collection, makes mine look pathetic in comparison :-P
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    edited June 2013
    Never really got into collecting the keychains. I can see their place though in the collecting world. The new shiny gold ones though look cool considering I missed out on Valentines red one :(

@atkinsar very neat setup for displaying your polybags and I live the use of the shelving for boxed sets :)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,088
    @atkinsar, its nice to see the Indy jeep front and center. :) And to think that set is what started our trading friendship.
    ^ Russell, it certainly deserves a spot in the limelight and I'm still immensely grateful for that trade. You are a true gent sir.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Anyone aware of any keychains due for release?

Finally manage to get my hands on the last SW one I needed for my collection and I feel a bit lost having got them all!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,291
    You know how some girls hang charms and whatnot off their handbags? I do that too, only with Lego keychains :) I think using them as Christmas decor is a good idea too!
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I was using a Chewbacca key chain at one time but his hands kept breaking and I didn't have any brown hands to replace them so I gave him black hands but they broke too so I gave up. I'm not really sure where he is right now. I also have a Greedo key chain that I got for Christmas and he's just hanging from the rim of a plastic Lego cup I got at the same time. (At least I think its Greedo. Could be another of his race. I haven't kept up with the expanded universe over the years.)
    @atkinsar, any chance we can have more pictures of your lego room or are those pictures available on another thread on this forum...
    @atkinsar... speechless
    The Billund factory does one tour a year. When should we expect tickets for the tour of your Lego Paradise to go on sale, @Atkinsar? ;-)
    @atxlee, not as speechless as my wife when she saw the final bill.

Any time Carl, just follow the brown tourist signs they've put up in my town. It's not as if TLG are ever gonna open a store in a town this small, screw it then, I'll build my own.
    icey117
    I'm there!! - and I'll volunteer as a guide! :-)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    @atkinsar you have set the standard for The Prime LEGO Room. Not sure what could make one better...
    Oh I don't know about that, there's plenty of folk here with mighty impressive caves, but thank you for the kind words.
    edited July 2013
    I like the "clean and simple" look of your lego room. Definitely will use your room as the model for my own when I get one... And I will remember to hide the bill from the wife :-D
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,091
    I came upon a fairly significant amount of Lego keychains and I'm looking to complete some sets. Does anyone know a place to trade? I have lots of grey-tag SW keychains, Atlantis, Santa, and Super Heroes.
    edited October 2014
    @SumoLego - the marketplace here is a good place to trade. Plenty of Bricksetters (including myself) collect mint tags-on keychains.

List what you have, including the Item No. (don't forget to prefix with # so it picks up the link), the condition, the tag colour etc. and, wherever possible, photos of the actual items - that always goes down well. Then do the same with what you're after (obviously, without the photos).

Good luck with your hunt; I will keep an eye out for your thread...
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I've picked up a few here and there. I keep resisting the urge to really start collecting them but sooner or later I'll give in. Must feed the addiction....
    Renegade - thank you for the advice. I'll start a thread once I get my 'want' and 'have' lists together.

Thanks!

John
    Aloha:

I took Renegade's advice and posted my available key chains over in the Marketplace. Please take a look - I'm looking to complete some semblance of a set....

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17274/key-chain-palooza-looking-to-trade-exchange#latest

I'm also trying to figure out a way to tastefully display this ridiculous collection.

Thanks!
    Andor
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561

Although I do have that VIP Valentine Mini Figure all wrapped up in pristine condition...

Mine sat around for over a year still in the sealed mailing envelope it came in. Not sure what I did with it. I think I just threw it out eventually.

• mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 292
    They are not something I collect but do always have one on my keys until they fall apart. Currently we have Emmet but unfortunately he looks like his face has socome to the Polish Remover of Nail
    Are there any new key chains coming for 2015?
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    Got a wonder women keychain on brick Friday for the free poly pag
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,678
    Just recently I thought about using them as ornaments for my Christmas tree. Then my need to have them all from the themes I collect kicked in, and I don't want to think of the cost to collect the ones I missed. So I will try to resist starting to collect them.
    Andor
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    mcvitie said:

Commander Gree and a new Ewok are coming in the SW range.

I haven't seen them so it's unconfirmed but a new Wonder Woman and Hulk are possibilities.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,686
    edited December 2014
    I have the Splinter and Legoland Windsor key chains. I still haven't used them :P

I would like to get the 2x4 Brick, Brickley and R2-D2 LEGO key chains soon.
    Another Hulk and Wonder Woman, meh. Wouldn't mind Flash
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329

mcvitie said:

I haven't seen them so it's unconfirmed but a new.....Hulk are possibilities.
    Like a rerelease? Hmm. I don't remember doing that before.