The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Star Wars Database Questions

quigonjinnquigonjinn Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in The Database
I would first like you congratulations for your hard work. This site is very convenient to manage our collection.

I am a Star Wars fan and I noticed some small mistakes.
First some minifigs such as Buzz droids set included in the "7283
Ultimate Space Battle" and the "7252 Droid Tri-Fighter" or Aldar Beedo included in the "7186 Watto's Junkyard" doesn't appear in the database of minifigs.
Also sets of "Product Collection" and "Bonus / Value pack" are marked as having no minifigs but it should. Eg "66341 Star Wars Super Pack 3 in 1" has 14 minifigs and not 0.
Also some sets of "Product Collection" are marked as having 3 parts but they have more. Always the same example the sets 66341 has 342 parts and not 3 parts.
The set 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder is classified in Episode III, but this set also includes Barris Offee and this character only appears in the series The Clone Wars.
New sets for this summer are marked as having no minifigs but minifigs are already in the dataBase.

If I can be helpful I am ready to help.

Comments

• AnseltheCatAnseltheCat Member Posts: 141
    Just a very brief correction, Barris Offee appears in Ep 2: Attack of the Clones as well as The Clone Wars series. :)
  • Bludchylde1Bludchylde1 Member Posts: 26
    I was going to post that about Ep2 earlier. Had to run out to get something for the wife though.

As for the minifig mistakes, that one is debatable. The Buzz Droids are just built out of a bunch of elements. I don't have the sets personally but it looks to me the only minifig part would be the droid legs. Aldar Beedo is a solid lump of plastic. Yes it is sculpted to look like a character, but has no moving parts. If you want to consider them minifigs go ahead. To you they are. I on the other hand don't see them as minifigs and that may be the reason they aren't listed as such.
  • war44lockwar44lock Member Posts: 75
    Yeah not so much a problem with the database more a different point of view. Probably different to most people here I'd imagine.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,245
    ^ & ^^ Yes -- I don't classify 'characters' made from bricks and useless lumps of plastic as minifigs, although I know BrickLink does.

The 'which minifig is in which set' data comes from BrickLink and it doesn't include them in sets which are product collections, but in the individual sets that make them up.

The new sets have not been fully inventoried at Bricklink yet (last time I checked, anyway) but they are in their minifig list, which is why we have 'orphan' figs at the moment.
    gmonkey76
  • quigonjinnquigonjinn Member Posts: 2
    I was going to post that about Ep2 earlier. Had to run out to get something for the wife though.

As for the minifig mistakes, that one is debatable. The Buzz Droids are just built out of a bunch of elements. I don't have the sets personally but it looks to me the only minifig part would be the droid legs. Aldar Beedo is a solid lump of plastic. Yes it is sculpted to look like a character, but has no moving parts. If you want to consider them minifigs go ahead. To you they are. I on the other hand don't see them as minifigs and that may be the reason they aren't listed as such.
    Ok but on the lego site, the buzz droid is seen as a minifig. Same for some of the droid included in the Sandcrawler. It's a pity it not to be listed in the database. They are characters from Star Wars.
    This does not explain the lack of minifigs in 3 sets in 1.
    Aldar Beedo Is a solid lump of plastic. yes but the first version of Sebulba included in 7171 Mos Espa podracer Is a solid lump of plastic too and is in the database.
    Sorry for my english but I'm french.
  • TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    @Huw, I've noticed that several of the Bonus Value Packs consist of sets that are nor even Star Wars.
  • TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2014
    Right, not sure why they are in the SW theme but I'll get them moved.

Thanks
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,538
    Thomas the (Republic) Tank (Droid) Engine?
    BumblepantsGalactus77ncaachamps
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 303
    I've noticed that the Imperial Probe Droid is listed as a minifigure, when it's more of a kit. Maybe it should at least count as a brick-built figure.