Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Nebraska

Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
New to the forum, but have been on Brickset for a few years.

I loved LEGO as a kid and about 1996 I went into a Dark Ages that lasted until I saw new Harry Potter sets coming out in 2010. That Christmas I took the lot and haven't slowed down since. In 2011 I followed with all of the sets I missed that released during my DA and picked up the Kingdoms and POTC lines. 2012 showed to be an even bigger year with LOTR and Super Heroes and I finally got into SW, but only a casual fan there.

I currently collect the above sets, plus some architecture, monster fighters, CMF and lone ranger, and Modulars.

I love building my own Modulars now. I do full scale and mini scale. I also started rebuilding miniscale castles from the original sets. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

We are also starting a LUG in my area (Lincoln/Omaha), so if any fans are out there in that area, contact me and we can see where to go from there.

Hope to enjoy the forum a bit from time to time.

Happy building!
indigobox

Comments

• indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Welcome from the UK :)

You will find the forum interesting from time to time, as there is always something going on that will float your boat.

Did you end up getting the whole Harry Potter sets? or just the latest series? They are my favourite of the LEGO sets, along with the Modular series.

CJ.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I picked up just the 2010/2011 sets plus Diagon Alley. I haven't retrograded any of the purchases to get the earlier sets. As far as I can tell, LEGO nailed it with the new sets, but weren't as good of builds with the early stuff. Some of the figures would be nice to have, but I don't want to pay $40+ for Mad Eye, Trelawney or Umbridge.

But my main goal is to MOC important buildings and scenes. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I keep putting it on hold.