Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying LEGO in Puerto Rico

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
edited August 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
Is there any place to buy LEGO in Puerto Rico? There isn't a B&M LEGO store there, and many companies won't ship to PR right now. I have employees there that are interested in LEGO, but don't know where to buy. Anyone have thoughts?

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Well, I was about to say FedEx Ground ships there, because I used to work in the PR department at a hub while I was in college. But it looks like they discontinued service about four years ago. Does Express no longer ship there, as well?
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    Not sure - I know there are FedEx planes that are at the Aguadilla airport, which leads me to believe they must.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    MorkMan said:

There isn't a B&M LEGO store there, and many companies won't ship to PR right now.

Why not? FedEx and UPS fly there daily. [email protected] doesn't ship to PR?
    From the Lego website "Please allow 8 business days (Monday through Friday excluding holidays) for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, Micronesia and the US Virgin Islands. Non-continental US territories and APO’s will be shipped via USPS and will not have order tracking available.
    "
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    Sorry, can we step back? I know bricks are able to be delivered there by several carriers (USPS, UPS, & FedEX), but I am looking for a store that I can walk into. Target is not there yet, and half the TRU store are TRU Express stores.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    This would be an bit of a project, but what about googling toy stores in Puerto Rico and then calling them? As of this post, there have been 5 Mr. Golds registered there. Unless they were bought on eBay they must have been purchased there which means there is at least some store(s) selling Lego there. Just a thought. Hope it helps. Good luck.
    edited May 2013
    Surprised so many Mr Golds have been found in PR...seems much higher than other areas per population.

If you do a search you will find some stores, including KB toys that sell Lego in PR.
  • fitzyfitzfitzyfitz ManchesterMember Posts: 94
    Not the answer you're looking for, but I couldn't resist.
    http://boardgamegeek.com/image/442802/puerto-rico
  • BrickapolisBrickapolis Member Posts: 11
    The Walmarts in PR seem to have a pretty good selection of LEGO. Other than that, there's (or was) a TRU by Plaza Las Americas in San Juan that has a pretty decent selection... beware of inflated prices though. I would imagine that smaller independent toy stores would be the absolute best place to buy LEGO, I was never able to find any good ones though.