Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Can't get collection to transfer to Brickpicker?

Earl9371Earl9371 Member Posts: 12
Hey all! I finally updated my full collection on the site here and am trying to transfer the list to Brickpicker so I can follow value. I can log onto the Brickset site with no problem, but whenever I try to enter my Brickset ID and password on the Brickpicker site it tell me I have something wrong. Of course Brickpicker is telling me the issue is with this site as when I asked them for guidance they said there'd been 19 such transfers that day with no problem. Any ideas here? I'd appreciate any and all insights - thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    Sorry, it's not something I've tried to do. I think they use the normal web services to pull the data across and I've not heard of issues with it.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited May 2013
    How many sets are in your collection? My collection is large and importing it failed several times before I finally got it to work. Some time elapsed between my attempts, so I figured they either fixed some bugs or perhaps their server was under load during my first attempts so that the request didn't complete in a timely fashion and eventually I got lucky.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've had the same problem. It has never worked for me and the customer service at that website didn't help much. So I don't know what to tell you. I have over 500 sets if that counts as anything. Maybe the file is too large to transfer?
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    edited June 2013
    I've been having problems, too - I even tried changing my password here at Brickset, in case it didn't like the format, but no joy. Also attempted importing my collection over at Rebrickable (no problems), then tried loading *that* into Brickpicker from that system, but still no luck.

My collection is well over 500 sets so maybe that's something to do with it.

Looks like a really useful website, but I just can't face adding all those sets manually :(
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2013
    I just cleared out my Brickfolio. I was able to import with no problem. I use Firefox browser so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have a large number of sets so with you having 500+ sets should not be an issue. The total number of sets reflected in Brickpicker includes the Gear sets not counted in "My collection" under "Sets You Own" in Brickset.