My children's photos of their creations

AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 356
My son (6) started a blog with photos I have taken of his models and yesterday, he allowed his sister (9) to add photos of her "water-park" she had created. I said that I would put a link up on this forum so that people could pass comment. Please bear in mind they are only little, although I think my daughter has potential as a future AFOL with her park. I particularly like the "splash" she created with the minifig at the bottom of the slide.

Link to:Pawel's Brick Things

I hope this is an appropriate place to put this post? I know the forum is not a place to advertise MOC, but I am trying to encourage confidence in my children and they would really benefit from some constructive criticism! He recently wrote to LEGO about his blog and how to become a LEGO designer and LEGO wrote a personal letter back, so full marks for encouraging new fans!
LegoDad42indigoboxColoradoBricksLegoKipMinifigsMeBrickarmorkhmellymel

Comments

• OldLegoOldLego Member Posts: 28
    I think they're great! I can't wait to get my now 28 day old son into legos. I've already signed him up into the lego club.

The waterpark is off the hook imo. She really thought of a bunch of different activities...thought about details such as the "splash" and that will only expand of course.

Only constructive criticism I have for your son's stuff...is to limit the number of colors on individual items he uses for one model. I love that he thought about the beds for the camper and helicopter for the fire station, but maybe put more RED into the firestation? For lack of a better way to say it...less partridge family on the camper.

that being said...I think kids should be allowed to design things the way they want...have some say over what they wear day to day...so hard to limit the colors they use in their days.

I think best constructive thing to say...is keep trying. Way ahead of the game!
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    I think the water park is sensational, especially from a 9-year-old. My only hesitation about having folks comment on here is that this is specifically a website for adults. I don't think anyone would post hurtful stuff, but there are probably better websites, more kid-oriented, that might be better. any, keep encouraging them, they show a lot of creativity!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Excellent - they both did well!
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 356
    Thanks for your comments, they are really appreaciated by my children. Incidently, apart from the LEGO website forums, are there any more child orientated places that I might be able to find to post their photos, as mentioned by dejavu?
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    edited May 2013
    On LEGO.com you can upload pictures of your children's creations. Click on the Create & Share tab. I'm not sure how active it is as I don't use the service.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    @AndyPol

I have been doing this for my son since he was three. I fully support the idea. He is now five and loves to go back and look at his creations on his Nook.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Nice and spacious! My son (7) wants to do 2 contradictory things at once: cram a bunch of stuff together so the MOC doesn't take up much floor/table space, and spread it out and keep it unchanged forever. I'll be sure to show him these pics so he can have some inspiration. I don't think there is any child that likes to de-build their work, even if you keep telling them they can do it again or even (*gasp!*) improve it!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I think they're great. I know it's an adult forum, but I still like to see these things occasionally. They've done a really great job, you should be proud!
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    I saw in the new club magazine a double page spread on children with their creations :) maybe little people could submit their creations to that.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,796
    They've done the double page spread for years.
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    I'm very impressed with the waterpark....
  • I know I'm a little late catching this thread, but I publish a family-oriented LEGO magazine and I accept (and welcome) submissions from children. You can find out more about it here.