Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LegoLand Windsor - Pick a Brick

ryan498ryan498 Member Posts: 37
edited June 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi all,

I'm going to LegoLand Windsor on the 8th July, a couple of weeks ago :D eeep!

I'm excited, I am in need of some White, Dark Bluish Gray, Blue, Red and Black 1x1 tiles. Like these on bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=3070b+

It's going to cost about £18 on Bricklink for the ones I am wanting, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the LegoLand Windsor pick a brick does these tiles and the colours, if they do I'm sure it would be much cheaper :)

Thanks everyone, and thanks Brickset for having such a great forum! :D

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,520
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I suspect you won't find what you're looking for at the Windsor PaB - they have dramatically reduced the size of the PaB section this year, and when I visited early in the season (May I think) only basic bricks were available.
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    Only basic bricks?! Oh man, I was going later on this year in the hope to get some nice PaB :(
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,713
    It's tragic they way it's gone downhill lately. When it started, in what, 2004 or so, there was an entire shop devoted to it with a fairly full range of basic brick, plates and tiles, and it was £12 per Kg. Now there's a handful of common parts and it's, what, £50/kg?

They've priced themselves out of the market, maybe intentially as I suspect it's a PITA to keep ot stocked and tidy.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,773
    ^ Yes, and I suspect the mark-up is greater on SW hoodies than on PaB! Valuable floor space.
  • GalidorneveragainGalidorneveragain Member Posts: 89
    Have all the lego shops across the country done this ? as im hoping to go to a lego shop sometime in the summer.
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    I can't comment other stores or how they used to be, but I can tell you the Cardiff store that opened this year has a miserly selection of elements.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited June 2011
    ^^ No, LEGOLAND and LEGOLAND Discovery Centres are run by Merlin Entertainments, whereas the Brand Stores are run directly by Lego. The LDC Manchester's PAB is just as horrendous... Just please don't get me started ranting about it...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,713
    edited June 2011
    The LEGO shops have a selection of 20-30 parts, some of which are half-decent but you never know what's there until you go as the selection varies over time.
    @ryan498 - Sorry to disappoint. Behold PaB at Legoland, Windsor.

:o(

• ryan498ryan498 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the picture, seems to be quite a decent variety there, hope they have some bricks I need, especially some Dark Gray Brick 1 x 4's
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    ^^ So, what are the four boxes (sets) on the top shelf? £9, £10, £10, £10 I can read on the shelf tag, but can't figure out what the sets are.

Thanks!
  • ryan498ryan498 Member Posts: 37
    I think the ones on the far right looks like a box of red roof tiles
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ first looks like a little brick box, then windows/doors, wheels, red roof tiles.
    My guess...
    ^My recollection also - certainly the three on the right anyway.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    ^ Thanks. I just wasn't seeing the box on BL, and was trying to match it up.