Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Greetings from a Star Wars Fan!

ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
Short time lurker and recent member. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jake Carpenter, currently reside in TN with my family. I am a avid Star Wars and Star Wars Lego fan. My main interest is only the O/T sets, which saves on space and money....kind of anyway. Below is my MOC of the Imperial Class II Star Destroyer "Avenger", which I had the privilege of showing at both Star Wars CVI and Brickfair Alabama. Please click the link for more pictures as it has a detailed mini-figure interior. I do look forward into chatting with you all. Take care.

094"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7902947664/in/photostream/
Skingiestador

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    Welcome to the forum ISDAavenger. I too am a huge Star Wars fan (among other things) and your Star Destroyer model is very impressive, particularly the greebling along the edges of the model.

I am sure you will find lots of like-minded people here, so have fun!
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 740
    Hi @ISDAvenger. Welcome to the forum. There's always room for another SW fan here and I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments you have, Starwars or Lego related.

Your ISD is immense in every sense.
    I'm also really interested in the numbers, part count, build time and just how many Stormtroopers you have on board :)

Nick.
  • BuzzsawBuzzsaw UKMember Posts: 79
    Welcome to the forum!
    Good to see another Star Wars fan.

I now have another MOC on my list.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    "The Force is strong with this one!" Your MOC is AWESOME! I am also an old school SW fan (born in 1970). Funny thing is SW Lego is not what I'm currently collecting but I have bought the occasional set now and then.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    How did you acquire the bricks to make this and how much did it cost to build?
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    @ gothamconstructionCO and chuxtoybox

Most of the parts were resourced throught various Bricklink vendors, I also used extra sets I had as well such as the 10030 UCS ISD, 10188 Death Star, and other sets. If I had to estimate a brick count I would say around 20,000 to 30,000 give or take.

It took me over a year to build. Sunday was my build day, and I would also build a couple nights a week to balance work, and family time.

As far as cost, its hard to say really and honestly not sure if I want to know...I know the wife does not lol. I would say around $5000 to $6000 perhaps?

It has 42 stormtroopers and 10 scout troopers on board. It is in the latest edition of Brick Journal #23 for anyone who is interested.

I am in the process of planning my next build, but keeping it under wraps for now. I will say it is another ship, and from the SWTOR era.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • SkingiestadorSkingiestador Member Posts: 1
    Very impressive! I'm new to the forums, but longtime SW fan. Been collecting SW seriously for about 5 years now
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    @ISDAvenger: That is incredible! I didn't realise the scale until I clicked through to Flickr and zoomed in. When you say it has stormtroopers on board, does that mean you MOCed the interior, as well?
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Welcome, @ISDAvenger - you're in good company with the likes of @cavegod on here !
  • BulkheadXBulkheadX Member Posts: 74
    wow. well done!
  • BuzzsawBuzzsaw UKMember Posts: 79
    edited September 2013
    OH NO! yet another huge set that I must try and copy....
    I still have to finish buying bits for my AT-AT. :(

Otherwise with such a wonderful MOC, I think that you'll be very welcome here.
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 214
    Now that is what I call a UCS !
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    That is just too cool for words. Awsome job.