Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

4000012 "Piper Airplane" instruction

tsitsi Member Posts: 34
edited November 2013 in Collecting
Hi,

I would like to build the set #4000012 "piper airplane" but I can´t find any instructions online. I know that there are rendered pictures at flickr, but I can´t contact the owner. A LDD-file would help too.
Hopefully there is someone who backuped the original instruction-PDFs from the LEGO-Server or can provide other help?

Thanks
ThomaS

Comments

• wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Bump! I too am looking for the instructions for this set. Anyone?
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Same here, probably the best inside tour set released.
    madforLEGO
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,088
    Me three!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Anyone call Lego customer service to ask?
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    ooooh I want the instructions too!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,677
    The parts list is available in the database. It's a start...
    margot
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    I'm interested in the instructions as well, so I sent an email to LEGO CS last night. They are usually quick to respond, so as soon as I hear something I will post it. Since the LOM instructions were removed too, I asked for those as well.

In case any one is in need, I do have the 4000008 Villy Thomsen instructions which have also been removed.
    Legogeek
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    CCC said:

The parts list is available in the database. It's a start...

And the nose looks almost identical to the main model in #7292, so the instructions for that might be helpful.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 343
    @chuckp I'm interested in the instructions for the 4000008 Villy Thomsen. Please post or drop me a PM. Thanks!
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    chuckp said:

In case any one is in need, I do have the 4000008 Villy Thomsen instructions which have also been removed.

I'd be interested in this one also. Didn't know about it until I searched for 4000012 and stumbled upon 4000008. I may never be able to build it, but it'd be nice to have the instructions 'just in case'.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    4000008 Villy Thomsen instructions scanned at Brick Owl:
    brickowl.com/catalog/lego-villy-thomsen-truck-set-4000008-instructions/viewer
    ^Oooops, I didn't know Brick Owl had the 4000008. Thanks for posting the link.

For the 4000012, I've received two automated responses from LEGO, but no human contact yet.
    I had also emailed TLC about instructions for 4000012 and they said no can do.
    "I am sorry but we are not able to release the building instructions for LEGO® set 4000012 Piper Airplane. I understand the desire to have these building instructions, but due to the exclusive nature of this set, the release of these instructions are not planned."
    ^ Wow, that stinks. I still have yet to receive a response from LEGO, but I'm guessing I'll get the same when they actually do get back to me.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why they originally had the link, but now say the release is not planned. Hmmmm?
    I hope you have better luck!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,677
    I actually quite like that an exclusive remains completely exclusive. It makes it, well, exclusive. Revealing the truck instructions was obviously a mistake, much like releasing the architecture set book online was.

You can get pictures, so get an idea of the build.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,640
    CCC said:

Revealing the truck instructions was obviously a mistake, much like releasing the architecture set book online was.

It was more the timing of the release that was the issue - these Inside Tour sets are supposed to be unveiled on the last day of the first tour, and instead attendees were bombarded with images before the event occurred thus spoiling the surprise.

I don't see the harm of releasing the instructions after the event, but nor do I think LEGO are being unreasonable by not doing so.
    madforLEGO
    I received a response from LEGO and they said the instructions are "no longer available." They suggested I try search fan sites "such as www.brickset.com or www.bricklink.com". Oh well, it was worth a shot.
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 62
    I think the best way to get the instructions is to find a member on this forum who owns this set and ask him the PDF of the instructions...
    It could be great !
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 62
    Today, a model, the number 6 on 53 has been sold on ebay for 1123 euros ! Crazy :-(
  • gmkkkgmkkk Member Posts: 1
    Hello, if someone found instruction to 4000012 please send a message or place a link in this discusion
  • tsitsi Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

we made a small reengineering project for the Piper set.
    As one result we would like to share the LDD-file.

More background information and a download Link for the LDD-file you'll find in the German forum of www.doktor-brick.de.

Greetings
    ThomaS
    cmrt1014