Design Part 30093 is called 'See Grass'

nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
For example, http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4568215

Is creating a new thread the correct way to bring up mistakes in the DB? Or should we send PM?

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database, and as such they would have to be corrected either on the Lego site, or piece by piece by the Admins here, which they're not too keen on doing. I had a similar case where a Duplo chicken was marked down as a "Republic Gunship"...I'll try and find the thread and response for you.
    indigobox
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257

If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database.

Correct, so if anyone has an issue with the part names they'll have to take it up with LEGO !

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9883/anomaly-in-the-parts-database#latest

And this is what Huw said:
    "The data comes direct from LEGO and is displayed verbatim. There are loads of spelling mistakes and anomalies in it, but I have no intention of fixing them this end :-)"
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    ^^ You are correct, the data is obtained from LEGO customer services, mistakes and all. Correcting and making the names consistent would be a arduous job and if LEGO call it 'see grass' then, surely, that should be good enough for us :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,788
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^ Ah.. time to start a new comic strip with the main character named Fish W. Knob.
    chromedigi
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621

If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database, and as such they would have to be corrected either on the Lego site, or piece by piece by the Admins here, which they're not too keen on doing. I had a similar case where a Duplo chicken was marked down as a "Republic Gunship"...I'll try and find the thread and response for you.

Frankly, I'd like to see the dreaded Chicken Bomber in the next movie...It would be easy; ILM always puts strange things in the SW movies: potatoes in the asteroid fields, tennis shoes in the fleet battles, kitchen sinks used as missiles, etc.

• nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
    edited May 2013
    Huw said:

^^ You are correct, the data is obtained from LEGO customer services, mistakes and all. Correcting and making the names consistent would be a arduous job and if LEGO call it 'see grass' then, surely, that should be good enough for us :-)

I looked up the piece on LEGO CS and it is indeed called 'SEE GRASS'. :-D

Since you are changing the names from ALLCAPS to ProperCasing, why not have a list of known misspellings too? The list can be added over time -- perhaps by users.

Will email LEGO CS later and see how long it takes for it to change.
    chromedigi