Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Design Part 30093 is called 'See Grass'

nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 142
For example, http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4568215

Is creating a new thread the correct way to bring up mistakes in the DB? Or should we send PM?

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database, and as such they would have to be corrected either on the Lego site, or piece by piece by the Admins here, which they're not too keen on doing. I had a similar case where a Duplo chicken was marked down as a "Republic Gunship"...I'll try and find the thread and response for you.
    indigobox
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218

If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database.

Correct, so if anyone has an issue with the part names they'll have to take it up with LEGO !

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9883/anomaly-in-the-parts-database#latest

And this is what Huw said:
    "The data comes direct from LEGO and is displayed verbatim. There are loads of spelling mistakes and anomalies in it, but I have no intention of fixing them this end :-)"
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    ^^ You are correct, the data is obtained from LEGO customer services, mistakes and all. Correcting and making the names consistent would be a arduous job and if LEGO call it 'see grass' then, surely, that should be good enough for us :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ Ah.. time to start a new comic strip with the main character named Fish W. Knob.
    chromedigi
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 611

If I am correct, the names and details are lifted straight from the Lego website/database, and as such they would have to be corrected either on the Lego site, or piece by piece by the Admins here, which they're not too keen on doing. I had a similar case where a Duplo chicken was marked down as a "Republic Gunship"...I'll try and find the thread and response for you.

Frankly, I'd like to see the dreaded Chicken Bomber in the next movie...It would be easy; ILM always puts strange things in the SW movies: potatoes in the asteroid fields, tennis shoes in the fleet battles, kitchen sinks used as missiles, etc.

• nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 142
    edited May 2013
    Huw said:

^^ You are correct, the data is obtained from LEGO customer services, mistakes and all. Correcting and making the names consistent would be a arduous job and if LEGO call it 'see grass' then, surely, that should be good enough for us :-)

I looked up the piece on LEGO CS and it is indeed called 'SEE GRASS'. :-D

Since you are changing the names from ALLCAPS to ProperCasing, why not have a list of known misspellings too? The list can be added over time -- perhaps by users.

Will email LEGO CS later and see how long it takes for it to change.
    chromedigi