Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2013 Brickset Raffle *ENTRY TO RAFFLE NOW CLOSED*

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @sirkevbags Is there going to be a speech? I'm really too old to be staying up past 1 am again tonight.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Oh no @Jenni the speech will be announced well in advance :-)
    @sirkevbags Good night then :)
    One more delivery update before bed. The donation plane will leave Stuttgart and fly itself over to New York for a delivery thanks to @bmwlego . Thanks for your help in sorting this one out Brian. Be sure to harass your LUG members for any discounted sets they might have :-)
    sidersdd
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Nights are so dreary now.
    indigobox
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    I know @caperberry. I agree.

So much so I decided tonight to redraw up a design and relaunch one of my old websites that gets roughly 1 million hits a month. It hasn't changed for over 4 years. Oops
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    @indigobox

MILLION hits a month and hasn't changed for 4 years? Don't they notice?

What website is that? (pm me, i'd love to have a look).

By the way, that would mean clicking the little 'message' button, NOT writing in the white box - unless you want the world to know. :oD

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,024

Our donation location tour is now taking a short flight to Stuttgart Germany where @Legopants will be putting his English charm and fine linguistic skills to good use to make sure the hospital recieves the sets they need. Thank you Paul!

http://www.klinikum-stuttgart.de/ueber-uns/struktur/standorte/olgahospital.html

Oh, yes - I'm a real smooth operator, me :-D
    I'll do my bestest :-)
    LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoSirKevbagsmargot
    legomatt said:

@indigobox

MILLION hits a month and hasn't changed for 4 years? Don't they notice?

What website is that?

Clearly not Bricklink...
    indigoboxSirKevbagsCapnRex101carlq
    The final landing for the donation plane I'm pleased to announce is sunny Wales where @coachie will work in close contact with the team in Newport. Big thanks Mark.

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/866/page/40419

All twelve locations are now announced and I'll put together a master list later. Really a conversation for another time but if you would like to be involved with distribution next year, assuming there is a next year feel free to drop me a pm.
    MinifigsMecoachierichosidersddEKSamcarlq
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    sidersdd said:

Thanks to some generous Bricksetters in the U.S., we're up to 16 Speedorz to donate to the hospital here in Indianapolis. (As others have pointed out, hopefully these will be take home gifts for the kids and not zipping around the ward).

Awesome! I'll be getting mine out to you here shortly! :D
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,753
    Away at the moment so have only been able to view periodically which is been difficult for me! :o)

Yes @SirKevbags, it was a real blast. Not sure how we managed to hold you together to get you through in one piece, but we did.

When Kev told me who had pledged Mr Gold early one morning whilst waiting to go into my place of work and then later revealed him to be "a lady", I almost choked. @Rich69, I think it might have been me who named you @Martina. Sorry about that. :o) But really well done for making that donation Mark. Incredibly generous. In fact, all of the donations were, but without your's I'm not sure we would have raised a third.

@Kevbags, I am looking forward to helping out next year complete with JM and btw, who's to say I wasn't sporting my 'weird naked indian' look on more than one ocassion?
    indigoboxSirKevbagsMinifigsMe
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 537
    My raffle prize arrived this morning!

Thanks again to all involved, looking forward to the next one, I will need to find something to donate this time!

Bob
    SirKevbagsindigoboxMinifigsMe
  • shawn_lowshawn_low Member Posts: 27
    @Sirkevbags I think we all underestimated the generosity of human beings (of course, having a Mr Gold in the mix certainly helps open wallets). But I'd like to chime in and say that I'm sure that the next one will be an even bigger success!
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    @sirkevbags after the next one, what will the mods do.... Lordkevbags or dare i say it kingkevbags lol
    I'll have to disgrace myself between now and if we go again to take away title options ;-)
    CapnRex101GothamConstructionCo
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    You won't ever disgrace yourself @SirKevbags.
    I don't think you know how to :)
    ^ If only that were true I would have a much more simple but boring life :-)
    GothamConstructionCo
    edited June 2013
    The Sopwith Camel won in the raffle by Nate is available for sale. Made more financial sense to order one from US [email protected] than ship one from the UK. Lets say £60, sealed not a perfect box and a spare sticker sheet.
  • wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 286
    My Chrome Storm Trooper arrived today, all the way from the USofA!
    Many thanks again to all involved :)
    samiam391drdavewatfordLegoboyindigoboxSirKevbags
    Great to see prizes filtering through and I appreciate the patience shown by winners. Prizes and winners are scattered all over the globe so we are at the mercy of the international post service.

An update on the spending of proceeds. Everyone is working extremely hard to make sure the hospitals get what they need. Some interesting, perhaps surprising choices. Huddersfield for example will be receiving a large amount of Duplo because they are particularly short of it.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    ^ Make sure you buy Creative Cakes if you're buying Duplo!! It's a really fun set and comes in a handy storage box too.
    legonut80
    I was surprised about the amount of Duplo Toulouse wanted too.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,482
    I don't think it is that surprising. Many wards have kids of all ages in, not just older ones. If the toys go into the "shared area" / family rooms, then it makes sense not to have small pieces. There is of course the problem if a hospital puts a toy for 3+ into a room that toddlers use (especially if in a litigious country). It is also easier to clean up and pieces are less likely to get lost.

Some of the sets are also quite fun. My eldest (8) still likes playing with a duplo castle.
    greekmick
  • N8erN8er Member Posts: 2
    Received my Sopwith Camel today direct from LEGO, even got both promo polys with it! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...

Thanks again @SirKevbags. I look forward to the next charity raffle. I was going to say next year's raffle, but who says it has to wait that long? :)
    indigoboxLegoboycaperberryBrickDancerbeegeedeeCapnRex101MinifigsMeSirKevbags
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 113
    Got my Lex Poylybag a few days ago. Thanks, @SirKevbags, and everyone else that donated prizes!
    LegoboyindigoboxSirKevbags
    edited June 2013
    ^ One down and eleven to go :-) To anyone wondering why the cash isn't handed over just check out those pictures and take in the fantastic value!
    GothamConstructionCo
    Great to read, thanks for taking the time to let us know! Warm fuzz.
    SirKevbags
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Just a quick note to say I received my prize over the weekend.
    Thanks @SirKevbags and everyone involved, and thanks to the kind person who donated the Darth Maul, he is now very much loved by my son.

I already have something earmarked for donation for the next raffle.
    SirKevbagsindigobox
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 774
    For those of you who don't want to click through the above link here is a pic of the LEGO donated to the hospital.

The Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship and Daily Bugle sets were replaced at the last minute after everything was boxed up and I didn't have time to set up and take another pic.

In short, the donation had a retail value of just over double of the actual donation budget.
    jadedancSirKevbags
  • GorelaxxGorelaxx Member Posts: 14
    Just like to say thanks to everyone involved in the raffle, especially to organiser @sirkevbags and all prize donors. I received my Mirkwood Elf in the post this week.

Thanks again.
    SirKevbagssidersdd
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Received my prize all the way from Australia! Thanks again to everyone who organized this and donated prizes. Thanks!
    SirKevbagsBasta
    @jadedanc wasn't that the Zombies set from @Basta ? These prizes are clocking up the airmiles :-)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Yep it was. It has traveled half way round the world and many time zones lol
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    jadedanc said:

Yep it was. It has traveled half way round the world and many time zones lol

Well if they weren't Zombies before, they sure will be now.

Anxious to hear when my prize donation reaches it destination @Branko, it was shipped a few weeks back now.
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 463
    @atkinsar same here, well in fact I know Mr Gold has reached it's destination as the tracking on it tells me it has a week ago now. Chris, @meyerc13 any news!!!!
    edited June 2013
    You know your spending is out of control when your deliveries start coming on pallets........

caperberrysidersddMinifigsMeGothamConstructionCoalexwilmessyBuzzsawSiE
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    What have you got there Kev?!?
    Off the pallets........
    princedravengreekmickGothamConstructionCo
    @Matthew I'm either starting a toy shop or these sets are hospital bound ;-)
    edited June 2013
    Well I guessed that ;-)
    These are the sets that will be given to the UK, France, Germany and Sweden.
    So what have you got then? I can't make out any set numbers