Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2013 Brickset Raffle *ENTRY TO RAFFLE NOW CLOSED*

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
edited May 2013 in Community and Events
Here is the moment you have all been waiting for the 2013 Raffle, Prize Draw or any other name you would like to give it.

So straight down to business the prizes on offer are as follows

Mr. Gold series 10 minifigure
New and sealed Chrome Darth Vader poly #4547551
New and sealed Chrome Stormtrooper poly #2853590
New and sealed Chrome Shadow Arf Trooper poly #2856197
New Silver Cedric minifig
New and sealed Hoth Han poly #5001621
New and sealed Jor-El poly #5001623
New and sealed Shirtless Darth Maul poly #500062
New and sealed TC-14 poly #500063
New and sealed NY Taxi poly #40025
New and sealed BR minifig #50001121
New and sealed Monster Fighter Zombie Cars #30200 + #40076
New Stig key chain
BNIB Sopwith Camel #10226
New Chrome Gold minifig key chain
New and sealed Hulk poly #500022
New and sealed Chase McCain poly #5000281
New and sealed Z-95 Headhunter poly #30240
New and sealed Mandalorian Fighter poly #30241
New and sealed Statue Of Liberty poly #40026
New and sealed Mini Hogwarts Express #40028
New and sealed Mini Sopwith Camel poly #40049
New and sealed Mirkwood Elf guard poly #30212
New and sealed Ganrash poly #30170
New and sealed ADU Walker poly #30140
New and sealed Lex Luther poly #30164
New and sealed Elrond poly #5000202
New and sealed Brickmaster polys #20018 + #20019
New and sealed Shirtless Darth Maul #500062 + NY Taxi poly #40025
New and sealed CMF Series 2 complete set
New and sealed 2011 Holiday set #3300020
New and sealed Target Practice poly #30062
New and sealed 2012 Holiday set #3300014
New and sealed Ferrari/Shell promo polys complete set
BNIB Monster Fighters Zombies #9465

I'm sure that you will agree that there are some fabulous prizes on offer.

To enter couldn't be easier:
-£1 per ticket (multiple tickets allowed)
-Payment sent via PayPal to [email protected]
-Please include your Brickset ID (Main site or forum) in the comments and mark it as a gift payment so we are not throwing money away on fees.
-Do not mention 'raffle' in the payment text

Prizes will be allocated as follows. The first name drawn will have their pick from all the prizes.

After that there will be two hats. One with names. One with prizes. A name will be drawn and then a prize until everything is allocated. Prize givers are allowed to enter but they are not allowed to win their own prizes. If you make multiple entries then it will be possible to win more than one prize.

All proceeds from ticket sales will be taken and split evenly between the following hospitals

Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Glasgow York Hill
Indianapolis Peyton Manning St Vincent
Canberra Hospital Foundation

Contact is also being made with a hospital in France and Australia but as yet the details are TBC.

No cash will be handed over. It will be given to trusted Brickset members to spend on Lego and be delivered locally. With our collective buying knowledge we are much more likely to get maximum value for money and therefore more bricks into sick kids hands.

A closing date for entries has now been set as 20th May 2013 23:00 BST (British Summer Time).

A huge thank you to everyone who has contributed prizes and thanks in advance for your entries. Any questions either post here or PM me.

Please don't be shy in promoting this elsewhere. Take it school/work/college etc. If you're well known on other boards (I'm not) get a thread going or even better if you know admins a little front page action would be amazing. If you are going to enter on behalf of non members then please make sure you let me know via pm.

The picture is our Brickset Raffle Totalizer kindly produced by @LostInTranslation . Sadly no numbers yet but as entries arrive they will appear..... How high can we take it.......?

Thanks for reading and good luck!
LostInTranslationMatthewCapnRex101ChanMcLJosephcollect_thatJBricks27GothamConstructionCosidersddBrickDanceratkinsaradiemcrichoy2joshBrickarmorpillpodGurooobricksanBooTheMightyHamsterMarkeyCCCLegopantsspearos1brickedinRosco_PCjon_kMinifigsMegreekmickDiggydoeshissingsid99kyrotekhantotmilokutakastramressinscibiColoradoBricksPenkid11carlqtedwardLegoKiphleonffuJessyDooDahkempo81bogeymanukdino_girlbassbisondragonhawklegomattDanGPcavegoddrdavewatfordmessykezIronMannerick906bkprmercury2000SupersympahechenbLosimagicDeadareustofandheAnseltheCatmaniacwiggyTry001Si_UKNZLukeSkywalkerckbhunakiki180703

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    Great work on this project. Look forward to entering
    SirKevbags
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I agree that there are some fabulous prizes on offer! When I read Sopwith Camel I thought you meant the poly until I saw the poly listed further down!

Amazing raffle Kev thank you.
    SirKevbags
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,261
    Great raffle @kevbags, many thanks. I will enter a bit later on this week hopefully.

And great 'Totaliser' model by @LostInTranslation too!
    SirKevbags
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Brilliant effort by all and some fantastic prizes. :)
    SirKevbags
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    edited May 2013
    Wow!! What an amazing list, so heart warming to see such generosity from those who have donated. Good to donate to a local cause close to me too :-)

Top man @kevbags and loving the Brickset Raffle Totalizer @LostInTranslation!
    SirKevbags
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Already put my name in the hat :)
    SirKevbags
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,964
    ^Ditto.

Can't wait for the prize draw :-))
    SirKevbags
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    Entered! This is awesome on all accounts. Awesome prizes, awesome cause, awesome awesome awesome.
    SirKevbags
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Just a slight correction needed. Money will be going to York Hill in Glasgow not Mill Hill. Typo :-)
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    I did not put an address when I sent the paypal payment. Is that ok? I'm guessing you will ask for addresses after the prizes are drawn.
    @jvdrummer182 Exactly right mate. I'll make address requests when required. I can see your payment though. Much appreciated.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 722
    A big well done to @kevbags for the time and effort he has invested into helping others. Great Totalizer @LostInTranslation, love the tough guy with the wand or is that kev? And I think a big thank you for all the prize donations is well deserved.

Great community effort from a great community.

Entered:-)
    SirKevbags
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    ^ Thanks :-) The minifig is sort of supposed to be Kev - the fairy (hairy?) godfather ;-))
    GothamConstructionCoSirKevbagsMatthew
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,358
    I will post on the Brickset home page, most likely in the morning.
    SirKevbags
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    Which do I pick?:
    I'm paying for goods or services
    I'm sending money to family or friends
    Money to family or friends please :-)

^ Thanks :-) The minifig is sort of supposed to be Kev - the fairy (hairy?) godfather ;-))

I would prefer hairy ;-)

GothamConstructionCo
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    The Hairy Fairy? :-P (actually, scratch that - my mate Dave's got dibs on that name).

Anyhoo, money sent. Hope you get a huge uptake for this!
    SirKevbags
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,795
    Great job, and love the totaliser too. Will of course be entering!
    SirKevbags
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    Payment sent. An amazing job from everyone involved.
    SirKevbags
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,241
    Entered!

Looking forward to getting drawn for the Sopwith. ;o)
    SirKevbags
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    ^That's going to be me!!!
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Does it matter what country you live to enter? since I see its in English pounds for paypal??
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    This is going to be a great little event.

If I might add a suggestion for the next raffle that happens (if one happens): it would be interesting if we were able to allocate our ticket(s) to certain prizes. For example, if I buy 5 tickets, I might consider putting 3 towards the Sopwith Camel and the remaining 2 towards the Hulk poly.

Anyways, thanks for getting this going. I'm pretty excited to see how well it does.
    SirKevbags
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    @TinKnockerHimes nope, available to everyone.

I bought myself some tickets. Hoping for the "CMF Series 2 complete set" I think. :)

Here’s a bit more motivation for you all get involved.

Part of the Brickset.com 2013 raffle prize.

A couple of the prizes you could win, but as they say you have to be in it to win it :)

SirKevbagsatkinsarindigobox
    @TinKnockerHimes No it is open to everyone. From doing this previously one thing that struck me was that as we are such an international group and entries arrived worldwide I wanted the proceeds to go around the globe to.

With the above in mind I am delighted to announce that thanks to @Basta the Canberra Hospital Foundation will be receiving sets when all this is over.

@pillpod Thanks for the suggestion (and entry) :-) It is something I could consider. Last time there was one prize so there was no decision to make. I decided on a one for all approach this time to try and keep it simple and transparent. Going forward though you never know.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    Kudos to everyone involved in putting this together!
    I'll fire off some money for tickets when I get home tonight.
    SirKevbags
  • LauraCLauraC Member Posts: 41
    Awesome prizes, hope you raise a ton of money!! :D
    SirKevbags
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 502
    Gr8!
    SirKevbags
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Great incentive!
    SirKevbags
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,651
    Wow! What a great and generous selection. The school raffles as a kid always seemed to be tinned food or shortbread biscuits.

Can I ask what you are doing in regards to postage to the winners?
    ^ I could go a shortbread right now, drinking tea without a biscuit is just wrong. There are no postage costs to any winners, prizes will just arrive :-) and postage costs WILL NOT be deducted from ticket sales.
    margot
  • bayoubayou Member Posts: 2
    I'm in!
    Good job guys!
    SirKevbagsprincedraven
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 423
    Just brilliant, well done @kevbags. I just wonder how big this could get next year!! Money sent.
    SirKevbags
  • ruined_brainruined_brain Member Posts: 2
    I'm in, hopefully I'll net myself a Sopwith Camel. Buy those kids something nice, this is a really good cause.
    SirKevbags
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,067
    It´s so refreshing after all that talk about investment here, EOL set there to have such a awesome raffle going on! Not that the money (well, i mean Lego-sets) will be donated for charity but the prizes are freakin´awesome too!
    Thanks @kevbags for runnin´this raffle and of course thanks to all the prize-donators it´s great to be part of such a nice community!
    Count me in, will send money ASAP!
    atkinsarSirKevbagssidersddindigobox
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I've just entered, looking forward to seeing that totaliser rise (good work Lucy!).
    SirKevbagsindigobox
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    I'm in, quite literally spoilt for choice!
    Nice one @kevbags
    SirKevbags
    brickedin said:

Just brilliant, well done @kevbags. I just wonder how big this could get next year!! Money sent.

Well perhaps we can extend the May 4th to have it start on the 6th every year ;-) I will need a marketing person to come up with a name though ;-)

indigobox
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Lucky that the May 4th deals were so poor over here, makes a lot more sense for my money to go on such an awesome raffle with not one but 34 prizes AND even better all the money goes to great causes.
    @kevbags you are a saint for putting this all together.
    atkinsarSirKevbagsGothamConstructionCosidersdd
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    Wow, nice one. And good to see some of the proceeds going to Huddersfield, as my mum works there :-) Needless to say, you got my pound.
    SirKevbags
  • astraastra Member Posts: 8
    Well done (again)! Count me in, will be making my PayPal donation tonight :)
    SirKevbags
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Entered. :)
    SirKevbags
  • astraastra Member Posts: 8
    astra said:

Well done (again)! Count me in, will be making my PayPal donation tonight :)

Entered :)
    SirKevbags
  • kylenasa_starkylenasa_star Member Posts: 2
    Awesome raffle and great idea! Thanks for putting this together.
    If we want to enter multiple tickets, do we just increase the value or do we enter multiple times (ex. send 1 multiple times)?
  • Dare_WreckDare_Wreck Member Posts: 23
    Wow, what a great list of prizes and a terrific cause! Thanks for heading this up kevbags!
    SirKevbags
    @kylenasa_star for say 5 entries just send £5. No need for multiple paypal transactions.
  • kylenasa_starkylenasa_star Member Posts: 2
    Great thanks! Entered :)
    SirKevbags
  • Mars_Needs_LEGOMars_Needs_LEGO USAMember Posts: 23
    I'm in!
    Here's to a very successful raffle for the hospitals and for the contributors!
    SirKevbags
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Entered!
    SirKevbags