Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2013 Inside Tour set *Spoiler*

DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
edited May 2013 in Collecting
4000008-1: Villy Thomsen Truck

This year's inside tour set. Found on the BrickSet instructions feed, but they appear to have been deleted. :(

Comments

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    They are on brick fanatics and the daily brick still
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    *sigh* thanks for the spoiler
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,635
    edited May 2013

*sigh* thanks for the spoiler

Yep - good work, guys....

I changed the title so as not to spoil the surprise for anyone else who's going on the tour, although with so many sites desperate to blab the 'news' I doubt they'll be able to avoid finding out for long.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,053
    Quite honestly I didn't realise that it was a spoiler. Kinda like everyone knows what the next modular/Star Wars UCS etc is before it's officially announced. I didn't realise that people prefer to wait for the actual official announcement.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited May 2013
    ^ I think it's for those who are actually going on the inside tour.
    [Edit] Which Dr. Dave just said; never mind.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    It's a traditional thing I think. The Attendees are asked to sign a NDF to prevent them spoiling the surprise for the next group.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    That's pretty damn cool.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    As Dr Dave said it was probably hopeless thinking I could avoid it for three weeks...in the end it was three hours!

More pissed off at TLG really. (Again. Detecting a 2013 theme here.) If they're going to fail to think things through, and go put confidential instructions on their public server, this is what will happen.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Very nice set. I can only hope that in a year or two it becomes an employee gift like the Ole Kirk's House set. Otherwise I'll have no chance of ever owning it.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Yeah, I didn't mean to spoil it. @Huwbot posted it to the main Brickset page and created the database entry. I thought that meant it was "public" so I created this thread. Sorry to the lucky few going!
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    So are you going this year @caperberry? My wife keeps promising to get me a trip as a present, but given the small window to purchase, and that is nowhere near Christmas or birthday, I don't think it'll ever happen.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    I built the truck part last night, although in different colours. Nice model.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    I would love the instructions, if anyone was able to download.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,877
    ^^^ Book as soon as it's announced next year. You don't actually have to pay until about March so there's plenty of scope for birthdays in the interim to contribute to it :-)
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 217
    Just over 3 weeks and counting, I can't wait.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 585
    @prevere or anyone else that may have gotten the instructions, I would appreciate a copy of them as well, please.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    @huw. It's more about the booking than the paying. My wife looks it up in August and December and always discovers its full/not yet taking bookings. I need her to book when it's announced. Any ideas of how to draw to to her attention without being too obvious appreciated.
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 895
    I was able to download the instructions. If anybody would like them emailed, please pm me with your email address and I will do a bulk mailout in a day or so.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    PM sent. :-)
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    I wonder how many people will attempt to order the stickers.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    Who is Villy Thomsen and why is his truck special?
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    "Every year, LEGO hosts an “Inside Tour” for guests in Billund, Denmark to let fans experience what goes on at the factories and exclusive LEGO sets are given away to individuals as a parting gift. This year, attendees will be receiving the Villy Thomsen Truck (4000008) as their going away gift. The truck was a very important truck back in the 1950′s because it was the first truck to transport LEGO products between cities."
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    Villy Thomsen is the delivery company that was used to transport Lego according to the text in the instructions.
  • Mr_PogleMr_Pogle Member Posts: 13
    @Calv
    pm sent :-)
  • Mr_PogleMr_Pogle Member Posts: 13
    ^ Thank you :-)
  • kamphuuzzkamphuuzz Member Posts: 4

I wonder how many people will attempt to order the stickers.

If someboy will attempt to re-create the stickers, please let me know. I'd love to buy a sheet.

someboy=somebody :)
  • ministickersministickers NLMember Posts: 2
    I already built the truck, now busy with the stickers ;) almost vacation, so stay put :) I think the best is to print them in transparent material instead of on white vinyl. The door stickers are the hardest. I'm also not sure what the speed says at the back of the truck (probably 60 or 80).
    Legoboy
    How's the work on the stickers going?
  • ToymakerToymaker Member Posts: 19
    I'd be interested in contributing towards any group effort to replicate the stickers from this set also.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    same here!
    So do I.