Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Buying Lego in Belgium / Luxembourg

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited June 2011 in Shopping Elsewhere
Im heading to Belgium in a few weeks, so wondered if anyone can recommend good places to buy Lego there. I'm particularly interested in discontinued sets, as I've seen a few instances of these being available still in mainland Europe.

Charleroi, Liege, Luxembourg, Lille, Gent, Bruxelles and Reims are all possibilities.

Comments

• bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    edited June 2011
    Did a similar trip this week. cora didn't have much, jouets broze at rocourt (nr liege) was pretty cool - proper lego section with loads of promo pieces set out - there are 2 7683s left, wasn't much else discontinued. did ask for old promo pieces that they didn't need any more and got given a ben 10 display box. if you try blokker in liege, the one on the e42 near the carrefour sells toys, the one round the corner from cora doesn't

Lux is pretty poor for toys, the local chain is called cactus and there is an auchan at kirchberg. there is a maxitoys somewhere in the city but isn't that big, near the MOT centre.

I got 4680 at king jouet in calais for 15 euro, was the last one but there is another store in boulogne. auchan had a really small section, been a while since I was at carrefour or leclerc so no idea if they are any good.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Thanks @Bahnstormer, now I see where you get your name :)

That's great info, I wouldnt have had the first idea where to look so thanks again.
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    no worries, if you plan to drive from liege to lux or other way round, take a 100km detour and use the A60 in Germany via bitburg - quite a bit of it is limit free.

the bahnstormer thing started as a joke on the HW site a few years back. real irony is it now takes an extra 90 minutes to do the 400 miles from frankfurt to calais due to the speed cameras. 10 years ago i did it in 3 hrs and 37 mins, including a splash and dash, in a passat diesel.