Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As for the stud thing, that may actually be common on baseplates. I tried the same thing with my copy of the Apple Tree House, and yes, they seemed loose on mine. But then I tried it on a variety of other baseplates I had lying around (old and new) with similar results. The only baseplates that seemed consistently better were the raised baseplates (some of which had a mix of tight-fitting and loose-fitting studs).
However, I then tried the same experiment, but instead of using the 1x1 round cones, I used a 1x1 brick and a 1x1 brick with headlight. Those elements stuck very well. So it *could* be a problem with the 1x1 cones or the 1x1 cheese slopes.