Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's happening everybody!!

Hey there people, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nate. I'm in northern california, and I love the website. It's a great reference source. So I was a huge lego fan as a kid. I drove my parents nuts digging through them for hours at a time on car trips. I never really stopped liking them, I just didn't have money for them. Anyways, I've been buying legos after about a 15 year absence, mainly Star Wars and LOTR. I'd like to start doing MOCs if I can find the right theme/subject.

Also, today was a nice day for me, not just because I acquired the Super Star Destroyer (which I did!!!) but because my wife found me in the Lego store admiring the box and she went right up and asked them to bring one out from the back for us. I was in shock (she isn't a Lego fan, per se). Anyways, I haven't brought myself to open it yet, I'm still admiring the box.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,375
    ^ Welcome! She didn't see the price on the bottom before she asked them to bring one out of the back, did she? ;)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to the forum! Wow, I wish my wife would let me drop 400 bones on the SSD or the Death Star. She would cut me. Literally.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    edited April 2013
    @Devastator, Welcome. If you are in the Sacramento area there is a Lego club and several members are into MOC building. For more info pm me.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 717
    Welcome @devastator, I must try gazing lovingly at the SSD and see if it works for me sometime :-)

In regards to MOCs look at the themes you are currently enjoying and try building somthing from the films.

Nick
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,260
    Welcome to the forum @devastator, your wife sounds very understanding indeed! I like the Super Star Destroyer personally, it has received a lot of flack for being a big grey monstrosity, but it is accurate as the ship we saw in the films was a big grey monstrosity too.

As for MOCs, I would only echo the thoughts of @GothamConstructionCo above, start by having a go at recreating something from the films, then move on to your own imaginary creations. Good luck!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 852
    Occasionally, I put together a "Monthly Builder's Challenge" thread. It's been a while though...
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/6910/october-2012-monthly-builders-challenge-food/p1
    Keep your eyes peeled!