Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's happening everybody!!

Hey there people, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Nate. I'm in northern california, and I love the website. It's a great reference source. So I was a huge lego fan as a kid. I drove my parents nuts digging through them for hours at a time on car trips. I never really stopped liking them, I just didn't have money for them. Anyways, I've been buying legos after about a 15 year absence, mainly Star Wars and LOTR. I'd like to start doing MOCs if I can find the right theme/subject.

Also, today was a nice day for me, not just because I acquired the Super Star Destroyer (which I did!!!) but because my wife found me in the Lego store admiring the box and she went right up and asked them to bring one out from the back for us. I was in shock (she isn't a Lego fan, per se). Anyways, I haven't brought myself to open it yet, I'm still admiring the box.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,454
    ^ Welcome! She didn't see the price on the bottom before she asked them to bring one out of the back, did she? ;)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited April 2013
    Welcome to the forum! Wow, I wish my wife would let me drop 400 bones on the SSD or the Death Star. She would cut me. Literally.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    edited April 2013
    @Devastator, Welcome. If you are in the Sacramento area there is a Lego club and several members are into MOC building. For more info pm me.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    Welcome @devastator, I must try gazing lovingly at the SSD and see if it works for me sometime :-)

In regards to MOCs look at the themes you are currently enjoying and try building somthing from the films.

Nick
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    Welcome to the forum @devastator, your wife sounds very understanding indeed! I like the Super Star Destroyer personally, it has received a lot of flack for being a big grey monstrosity, but it is accurate as the ship we saw in the films was a big grey monstrosity too.

As for MOCs, I would only echo the thoughts of @GothamConstructionCo above, start by having a go at recreating something from the films, then move on to your own imaginary creations. Good luck!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    Occasionally, I put together a "Monthly Builder's Challenge" thread. It's been a while though...
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/6910/october-2012-monthly-builders-challenge-food/p1
    Keep your eyes peeled!