Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

My MBA 20201 Micro-Scale kit just showed up...

achillespdxachillespdx Member Posts: 106
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Lego messed up and sent me my kit #2 early - anyone have any questions about it?

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    What's it like?
    How many pieces?
    Colours?
    Any general info would be cool! :)
  • achillespdxachillespdx Member Posts: 106
    Seems pretty nifty, I haven't opened it yet. Lots of lime-green 1x1 tiles, trans-blue 1x2 plates, and then white and grey plates of assorted sizes, 222 pcs...

I'll post a couple pictures when I'm near an actual computer... curse you iDevice for not letting me attach pictures!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I got a question about the MBA stuff. Say you sign up in a couple months, do you just miss out completely on kit 2 and maybe 3? Or do they send them to you still based on how long you've been enrolled? Anyone know?
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
    ^^^Yes, that is a very good question.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Did they charge you for shipping?
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    edited June 2011
    What is the shipping packaging like? Did it come in a box or an envelope? Is the Kit 2 handbook wrapped separately/securely? Is Kit 2 polybagged or boxed?

@yys4u - According to LEGO CS, you always start at the start, if you sign up for the subscription as it stands now, you get Kit 2 first. Eventually Kit 1 is going to be added to the subscription, at which point you'll start with Kit 1 and proceed through the rest of the kits.
    What is the shipping packaging like? Did it come in a box or an envelope? Is the Kit 2 handbook wrapped separately/securely? Is Kit 2 polybagged or boxed?
    Kit 2 is in a poly bag because you're supposed to keep the parts in kit 1's box. Kit 2 and its manual were shipped separately via FedEx ground in bubble envelopes and arrived in perfectly fine shape.
    edited June 2011
    Polybag, parts, book, minifig accessories...
    Oh, and I've discovered that I absolutely LOVE the color of purple Lego! Where do I get more?!?!?!?
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    im quite psyched to get this kit, it was one of my favorites of the upcoming.
    can first kit model be built plus a second kit model at the same time?
    what i mean is there enough bricks to make 2 models?

thank you for sharing

Yes, you can build kit 1 and kit 2 at the same time, they don't use each other's parts. I don't know if that will hold true for future kits, but it is the case with these two.
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    @achillespdx - thanks for the info! I like the accessories that the MBA L1 figure gets in this one, too (although I don't have a clue as to what the brick-built accessory is supposed to be)!

Odd that the handbook and set are shipped separately... I would have though they'd be in the same package together, what with the handbook being the instructions and all: What if it got lost in the mail? Then you'd have a Kit 2 set without the instructions!

As for purple - the Space Police set 5982 "Smash 'n' Grab" is a great source, as is 7591 "Construct-A-Zurg".
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    Yes, you can build kit 1 and kit 2 at the same time, they don't use each other's parts. I don't know if that will hold true for future kits, but it is the case with these two.
    thanks thats good news
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    @achillespdx the Harry Potter Knight Bus comes with many purple bricks, though there are a lot of windows.
    @achillespdx the Harry Potter Knight Bus comes with many purple bricks, though there are a lot of windows.
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the same color purple or not but Bricklink says it is. Too bad the Knight Bus is so overpriced on a piece count basis...

(although I don't have a clue as to what the brick-built accessory is supposed to be)!

Odd that the handbook and set are shipped separately... I would have though they'd be in the same package together, what with the handbook being the instructions and all: What if it got lost in the mail? Then you'd have a Kit 2 set without the instructions!
    The minifig accessory is supposed to be a "micro-scale space shuttle" but I find that to be a bit of a stretch.

The manual and kit may normally ship together but Lego really messed up my initial order and sent the kit 2 manual along with all the kit 1 stuff - they just recently sent the kit 2 parts.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    has anyone checked out the mba website stuff?? not all of it is unlocked still, like where you post your own creations. seems odd