The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon...PETITION

wilcwilc Member Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I am completely new to this forum. But here goes, I have communicated with some staff at Lego Support and they seemed keen for the 10179 to come back. They were also really miffed about the EBAY pricing ( being so crazy expensive)..... so lets get the ball rolling. I am aiming for 5000 Signatures to get it re-introduced as a Collectors set again.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/re-release-the-lego-ultimate-collectors-millennium/

Does anyone have this set??, (probably a silly question) And can you outline some of the difficulties of building or owning the set. And what was your feeling at getting the set. Did you sell it after you built it or have you still got it??.

Can't wait to hear some thoughts!!??!

Ypres

Comments

• YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,184
    @wilc- Unfortunately, LEGO usually doesn't re-release sets. A petition for the Cafe Corner to be re-released was similarly attempted, and shot down rather quickly. Your time is pry spent best elsewhere, as opposed to this petition which will not last long either.

Your best shot at getting this set is either settling for the prices on eBay, or waiting a few years. I imagine somewhere down the line they will re-hash the set due to all the new movies set to come.
    Pitfall69pillpod
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,093
    Waste of time. Never owned it or have any desire for it. Wished I did buy it then so I could sell it now.
  • wilcwilc Member Posts: 4
    Ok SO after a brief piece of reflection maybe an online petition was not a great idea. ANy idea on how I can get this rolling??
    @wilc- Unfortunately... the ball will never be able to get rolling. You are fighting an uphill battle, where the peak is hidden up in the clouds, impossible to see.

Again, best wait until LEGO re-hashes it a few years down the line :)
    Well those are some fair comments cheers guys
    Sorry, @wilc, merely trying to be practical. I wish I could say it would come back, and having a petition is a good idea. But it has already been tried, and it just didn't work. Merely trying to save you some time :o)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,749
    @samiam391 Did you see a city in the clouds? "The future, impossible to see"
    Hey this really is ok Sam, I guess your right about it eventually being re-released. anything nis possible with the new films
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,538
    @wilc

I don't think an old-fashioned petition will work, but you could try a twitter-campaign. But either way, it's difficult for one person to galvanise (or even get noticed by) many people these days. It's the internet age: lots of voices with nobody listening.

The most important thing though is to let TLG know what YOU feel, regardless of how much/little support you can garner.

After all, if you remain silent TLG would never know what you, the customer, wants. I'm sure there are lots of Lego SW fans who missed that particular UCS, and would be happy to see a revival.

Personally, i'd like to see a new Jawa Sandcrawler and tatooine homestead set (and some Sand People too).

Also bear in mind that many of the views you obtain online (not necessarily these here, but 'just sayin') could come from people who already own the set and have no interest in TLG releasing something they already own (cos' TLG might have done something else instead), or they may have vested interest in the set retaining it's current $$$$ sale value (even if they'd never sell it).

However, a re-release in a few years time might not be entirely out of the question, given the new movies from Disney. If the falcon features in the new disney films, i could well imagine a new UCS falcon being a contender for serious consideration. The question would just be a matter of whether TLG think it financially worthwhile, or perhaps Disney themselves might want a massive showpiece falcon set out when they start promoting the new movies.

But even if they don't, i wouldn't pay the inflated ebay prices, for several reasons.

1: I don't have that kind of money
    2: If i did, i'd prefer to spend it on a whole pile of big new sets, and get FAR more lego-based joy for the outlay.
    3: Many UCS falcons out there aren't even original, but have been brick built from spare parts (this is important to me, if i'm paying a premium for an OOP set, I want it to actually have BEEN that OOP set, otherwise might as well just brick-build my own).

Anyway, you never know. If you want it, there's no harm in asking/badgering them into submission. ;o)

• ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    Signed it, never know. I actually think it will be re-released to go along with the new movies. I see the only people who won't sign it would be people who have the set and don't want their investment to drop in value. Don't let people discourage you, keep up the fight.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,093
    Historically Lego has updated just about every Lego licensed set if you are willing to wait. I am optimistic that we will get another Cloud City (I just really want a Cloud City Lando), Cantina scene, Tusken Raider, Dewback and new Wookies. They recently updated everything Jabba and we will be getting another Jango soon.
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 245
    chances are it will come back as a redesigned set in 5 years, maybe to tie in with a Han Solo movie.

But as someone who owns one I'd rather see a re-release of the UCS sets I don't own ;-)
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Id love a 10179, but wont sign it - as if in the unlikely event that it was re-produced then it would obviously bring down its current market value, as a re-seller that would a disaster.
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 155
    @wilc - all you need to do is get some picture of a sad looking kid, make up some story about how some evil-doers stole his MISB falcon and his lunch money and they will magically find one in a warehouse somewhere and send it your way. at least i think that's what the formula is ;)
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I bricklinked mine (just 5 parts to go! FIVE!) and I was just wondering what would I do in case they re-released a new UCS Falcon (of course it wouldn't be exactly the same as with the new X-Wing). If it was just the same, maybe with different grebling and colours I think I'd pass -- I already didn't have the space for one UCS Falcon, where would I put a second?

Would it become a classic set again? It depends on the kind of impact EVII will have..
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 334
    As much as I feel for the people who would love this set and can't afford the huge sums it goes for in the after market, I think the petition is ultimately futile.
    Even if you got 100,000 people to sign a petition it doesn't mean 100,000 people will rush out to buy it should it be re-issued.
    Just look at #10188 Death Star, on this site alone it has over 4000 wanting it on there wish lists, yet it has been available for 5 years and is still available. It's £75 cheaper than the Falcon was, is easier to display and has great playability. It has even been available at a discount in certain places yet some people still have not bought it. Don't get me wrong I know that £275 is still a lot of money and I have to work for my money to buy this type of set and have to seriously consider each big spend but Lego know that sets in this lofty price band have a limited audience.
    I do believe it will come back around in the future especially with the release of the new films, possibly an earlier version, as in the movies Han talks about the modifications he has made. So it could be a pre modified version, depending how much it features in any new films.
    I also think that if it were to be re-issued right now it would cost a fair bit more than the original £350.
    Just my lunch time ramblings though, watch Lego release it next week!
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    My best guess is they will rehash a system scaled MF and not a 5k piece UCS set for the new films as the smaller set would do much better in sales. Given TLG has no problem rehashing UCS's I can see a UCS MF being done down the track but obviously smaller in size than 10179 to keep the price point reasonable (under $400 USD).
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    pteric said:

Signed it, never know. I actually think it will be re-released to go along with the new movies. I see the only people who won't sign it would be people who have the set and don't want their investment to drop in value. Don't let people discourage you, keep up the fight.

A) I doubt it will ever be re-released. Re-hashed? Almost certainly.
    B) I'm sure there are many people who don't want the set to drop in value... but there would also be a great many people who'd be upset that they dropped $1500 or more on the set (on the low end of used) when TLG simply brought it back out anyway.

The only way it would work with minimal damage is if it was, like the new X-Wing, visibly inferior to the original (which I actually think it would have to be to keep the costs down).
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    I would be choked / disappointed if this set was ever re-released.

There are things in life that you sometimes are not meant to have or you have to work very hard to obtain. Put in the time and effort, reap your reward. It all comes down to timing.

You don't see me petitioning Audi because I cannot afford a R8 currently. It's as if we have developed this entitlement life style where we figure we should get anything we want. If you want it bad enough, then you work for it. Whether it be extra hours, extra jobs etc. That's the way life works.
    Furrysaurus
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I am going to start a petition for Ford to rebuild and sell me a 1966 Shelby GT 500 for the original price of $3k.
    roxiopillpodFurrysaurusy2joshcardgenius
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    to my mind anyone who buys lego to make rather than make money would welcome a reissue of the set
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 214
    y2josh said:

pteric said:

A) I doubt it will ever be re-released. Re-hashed? Almost certainly.
    B) I'm sure there are many people who don't want the set to drop in value... but there would also be a great many people who'd be upset that they dropped $1500 or more on the set (on the low end of used) when TLG simply brought it back out anyway.

The only way it would work with minimal damage is if it was, like the new X-Wing, visibly inferior to the original (which I actually think it would have to be to keep the costs down).
    I agree with A, now we're seeing a re-make of the UCS X-Wing it is hard to imagine that we won't someday see a remade UCS MF

As for B, who cares, if your the kind of person who can afford to spend $1500+ on one lego model then you obviously have too much money! It's these buyers who jack up the price for the rest of us and cause people to petition for an affordable alternative, remake, re-release. Also upsetting a few people to bring joy to many more seems to be a balance of priorities, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

As for the remade X-Wing I think it looks great and can't wait to add it to my wall of UCS models in my man cave, especially having the mini and pilot from the planet series next to it :-)