Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bought first lego set in years

Greetings, I am 28 and hail from South Carolina. I just recently got back into legos when putting together a set with my seven year old nephew. It made me realize how fun it was.

I ended up getting the TMNT lair attack set today. My nephew also got me back into TMNT as well. I was obsessed with the show when I was little and it is cool to see a new generation get into it again. I would also like to get the Shellraiser set as well, which was sold out today when I looked at wal-mart. I've heard it got mixed reviews, mainly people saying it was flimsy but I still want it ( can anyone that actually had one confirm?)

I don't know if I am going to try for other sets or not. They have so many to choose from and I am also short on cash sadly.

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    Welcome aboard, if you are strapped for Lego cash you have come to the right place, lots of deals and offers show up on the threads here. Of course that is a two-edged sword as it encourages more spending.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Welcome! That's how it starts... and then thousands of dollars later you'll have LEGO on your mind every day.

Have you checked out the great review of the Shellraiser set here on Brickset? http://www.brickset.com/reviews/?ID=45838
    Oldfan
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 611

Welcome aboard, if you are strapped for Lego cash you have come to the right place, lots of deals and offers show up on the threads here. Of course that is a two-edged sword as it encourages more spending.

I was going to say, if you're strapped for cash, LEGO is probably the last thing you want to get into! Your second sentence is all too true...

Anyway, welcome to the hobby @Pendergast!

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    Welcome to your new addiction
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Welcome, from the UK