Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

60010 Redesign

Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
60010 has been significantly redesigned. I bought the old version about three weeks ago, and today my local Target had the new version.

New version:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6058362.pdf

Old version:

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6036607.pdf

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    What is different?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,830
    edited April 2013

What is different?

The way the water cannon is attached, and also the way the sponsons are built. There are also other changes that are less obvious from the main instruction booklet image, like the placement and design of the landing gear.

There's a Eurobricks discussion of the change here where some people describe the differences and the possible reasons for the change.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,547
    I take it it's obvious which one is which from the picture on the box?

I rather like the old one but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I should get a move on...
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Huw said:

I take it it's obvious which one is which from the picture on the box?

I rather like the old one but haven't bought it yet. Maybe I should get a move on...

Indeed, the box art is different for both. I far prefer the old one, which is why I bought it before waiting for a sale.
  • jon11380jon11380 25 minutes from the LEGO Shop MKMember Posts: 56
    Does anybody know if the part inventory differs between the two?
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    jon11380 said:

Does anybody know if the part inventory differs between the two?

Definitely. The changes are substantial.
  • briziobrizio Member Posts: 31
    Can someone help me get the older version? In Italy I never saw it and looks like we got the second design only...
  • aid_77aid_77 NewburyMember Posts: 186
    Anyone have a copy of the old instructions? All links that I can findnow go to the new version.
  • briziobrizio Member Posts: 31
    On the set page in Brickset, under the "Instructions" tab you'll find links to both versions.