Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] LEGO 10224 Town Hall price change at Amazon.com

madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
edited April 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Now on sale for $177.45
It has been bouncing between this and RRP so if you happen to want one

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    Bumping as it is back down to 177.45
    edited April 2013
    Bumping as it is back down to 177.45 as of this time.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I'm still waiting for it to go down to 150 hopefully :) In my opinion it's the ugliest of the modulars right now and wont buy it unless I'm getting a real good price
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    @yys4u The TH was my least favorite modular prior to getting it. I picked it up from amazon a few weeks before Christmas for about $170. I am happy I did. While it is not my favorite (PS gets that title), it was one of the best builds. It also look much better in real life.
    Bumping as the US Amazon site has them at $177.45 again..
    While it may go down further it is interesting to note that they have not for the past few times they have been on sale (to the best of my knowledge anyway)
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    Someone at one of the deal sites said they had gotten TH for $120 during some promotion(clearance?). I didn't ask how, but I guess I should. But I'm holding out for Black Friday.

In any case, for me, I'm shooting for at least 25% off. Amazon charges tax for my state. With 10% off in-store coupon + 5% in VIP + possible bonus promotion at the store, $177.45 is not quite low enough for me to bite. Also other stores like TRU/Target/Walmart will have discounts on the modulars that is pretty close to what Amazon is offering now...
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,669
    ^ that was during a crazy walmart.com sale last September... GE for $81, TH for $132, DS for $289, etc, etc
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    ^ Oh, ok. That makes sense. Not sure if deals like that will happen again but now I check all the forums and news regularly. So hopefully I can catch the deals if it happens.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    That Walmart sale was indeed nice, but it was also a honey trap.

I picked up another half dozen DS and dozen FB at that time, hard to beat $289 for DS and $107 for FB, but now they are sitting on a shelf warming up the place.

A good deal, but it would have been better had they retired at Christmas. :)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

I picked up another half dozen DS and dozen FB at that time, hard to beat $289 for DS and $107 for FB, but now they are sitting on a shelf warming up the place.

No offense, but it serves you right. I remember people whining about shipping stickers on their Death Stars and thinking how ridiculous this hobby had become. Now the same people are complaining that they couldn't get a B-Wing for 99 bucks.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    ^This IS a ridiculous hobby!!! I don't know any hobby that goes up in value after you take it out of the box play with it. Lego is the most valuable toy company in the world. The deplorable behavior that a simple Lego set incites is ridiculous. Lego is the Beatles and Elvis of the toy world.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Pretty ridiculous hobby indeed. Craigslist is now spammed with "Want" ads.
    Bumping as it is back at 177.45
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    mathew said:

No offense, but it serves you right. I remember people whining about shipping stickers on their Death Stars and thinking how ridiculous this hobby had become. Now the same people are complaining that they couldn't get a B-Wing for 99 bucks.
    It happens. I don't think @LegoFanTexas was complaining. He's got a warehouse, so I don't think he is worried about the sets taking up too much space.

As far as the condition of the packaging from the Walmart sale. I always tell people "you get what you paid for" It was a shame, but maybe that's why the prices were so low.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Nobody is entitled to Lego especially Lego at a discount. I don't know why people are complaining???

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Yea, the space is not an issue, it is more having the money tied up in them when it isn't retiring soon.

Even then, that really isn't all that much money, compared to everything else, but it is still annoying to look at a stack of them just sitting there.

That is why I made the trade post...