Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Database problem?

BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 750
edited April 2013 in The Database
Everything I click on seems to have been discontinued by Lego on April 9th. I assume there is some sort of database corruption, or...?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,546
    edited April 2013
    LEGO's product feeds, which are imported every night, are currently empty. I've reported the problem and I'm told a fix is imminent.

If a product isn't it, the corresponding date in the table isn't changed so the system thinks it's no longer available.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Just FYI, it looks like the problem returns as some sets are showing EOL date of April 15th (#8110, #42000 for example). The EOL data looked normal during the weekend.
    I can fiddle the database to prevent them appearing to be discontinued but I need to do it manually. I haven't done it today. The feed is still down but I have chased lego to get it fixed.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,531
    Is there some major issue with the database today? All I'm getting when viewing any set details is 'Sorry -- Brickset Ajax responders can only be called from Brickset itself. Please use the API to obtain data.'
    ^ interesting... What browse re you using? Are you deliberately obfuscating the referrer anyhow?
    edited April 2013
    @Huw I'm using Opera browser on Windows XP. I always do and have never had a problem before. It's the standard browser, I'm not using any tricks or anything like that.

Every tab I click on says the same thing:

Ah, that explains it :-)

http://help.opera.com/Linux/9.50/en/network.html

'Send referrer information' section.

Thanks @Huw, I ticked the box and it seems to be fine now. Odd thing is, I never unticked it...
    I was seeing loads of errors generated from my ajax responder pages where the referring page was not set which indicated that something automatic was calling them.

So I put in a check to ensure the referrer is set, hence the problem. If Opera has this setting unticked by default maybe I need to come up with a different approach.