Hello from North London

Hi,

I've been a lurker here for some time, but have finally taken the plunge and joined in!

I've recently fit a new kitchen into my extension, and it being black and white, I thought I'd liven it up a bit with a splash of colour. Most people would paint the walls or add some flowers, however, I've decided to make the end panels of the kitchen out of lego. Bear with me, it's not a bad idea...

I'm hoping to find a bit of inspiration here, maybe make a few contacts with regards to sourcing more lego.

I've completed an end panel and a filet strip on a cupboard, as well as a low splash back around the sink. I've just got to get some more lego to do either end of the island. This is 900mm x 830mm.

I've got a few pics of what I've done already, I'll try and attach them.

I've been a fan of lego for 30 odd years, sadly my parents got rid of most of my stock when they moved, because they thought I'd 'grown out of it'!!

Anyway, that's me...

Comments

• indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Hi John and welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will see a lot of useful tips and things in relation to do what you want. Sounds like an interesting project and would like to see your pictures once you get them online.

One thing a lot of people do on here is buy frames and put mini figures in them with nice backings behind the mini figure. Makes a really nice picture on the wall that is different.

Sourcing bricks you can do from either Bricklink, eBay or even Lego Pick a Brick either in store or online :)
    johnbaker
  • johnbakerjohnbaker Member Posts: 21
    I've attached a few pics, one of the end panel I've already done, one of the fillet and one of the island that I intend to do.

If anyone has any hints, tips or whatever, feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers.

John.
    Cheers Indigo...

I've stuck a few on. I've tried eBay a few times, but I always get outbid!!! I'd never be any good at an auction!

I've resorted to scouring charity shops and stealing from small children. Well, maybe not.

I wouldn't go to a charity shop.

;-)
    VDubs
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    edited April 2013
    Hi @johnbaker

I suppose you could get to one of the many Lego shops around London and see if they'll sell you a couple of boxes of brand new bricks!

Welcome to the forum.

Nice idea for the kitchen.

Steve

johnbaker
    I'm always in those, Steve, it's just a cost issue. But little by little, I'm getting there!

Cheers. I'll be putting on more pics when I can.
  • BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
    Looks great heres mine
    johnbaker
    @Blaisey - That looks excellent! I love the way it's recessed into the wall.

I feel another idea coming on.... Haha.
    Please excuse the mess that is my back garden, but have a little look at this.
  • BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
    Vey nice I had mine round the work top for a while, I have decide to use glass coloured tiles instead there a bit bigger and easer to clean. Looks great make sure u seal them down well or the will trap moister tho.
    johnbaker
    Cheers. I've silicon sealed it round the back and coated the back with a clear varnish. We'll see how it goes...
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    hello @johnbaker, and welcome. I love this idea. it looks superb.
    johnbaker
    Cheers @flowerpotgirl I'll be putting pics on here once it's done. I'm just so damn vain! Haha.

I've got to be careful not to overdo it though!
  • VDubsVDubs Member Posts: 23
    Wow this has given me some great ideas for my new house. Thank you

And welcome x
    johnbaker
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    A belated welcome to Brickset, I'm in north west London (please don't come and get me).
    johnbaker
    Finally, I've done a bit more...
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 201
    Would love to do that to our kitchen but won't get past the "planning officer" aka my wife!
    johnbaker
    Haha, keep working on her, she'll see sense one day...