Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Anyone ever seen a Minifigure like this? Seems like a misprint..

charlieb74charlieb74 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2011 in Collecting
Have had this Minifigure for quite a few years, and can only assume it is, in my experience anyway, a very rare misprint. Not complaining, it became my favourite. Just curious to know if anyone else has seen anything like it...

Comments

• jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Hmmmm.
    The helmet doesn't look like it goes with the print...
    Does that have a visor on it?

Maybe it's this: http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sp003new

How long have you had it?
  • charlieb74charlieb74 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, there's a visor on the helmet, I can't recall which set it came with. I'll have to search through my pile of instructions.. It's the stripe on the body that I've never seen before or since, and I do remember that the figure didn't appear that way on the box..
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Ooh that's cool if it is a misprint. But what is up with the spaceman in that 'vintage' pack? His eyes are like homer simpsons frog-licking trip.
  • charlieb74charlieb74 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, I reckon it's pretty cool, what with Lego's impeccable quality control over the years, I think it's a bonus. And those eyes are the homer eyes, spot on. Bizarre.

But I know what I did now.. The body with the misprint is from a standard black space guy. The helmet with black visor is from the Blacktron 1 guy

http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sp001

which put on the stripy guy coz I thought it looked cooler. Ah, fun times. Maybe stripy guy is worth 5 million dollars....
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 237
    edited June 2011
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    It is definitely a misprint.
  • BrickBugBrickBug Member Posts: 14
    Misprint, wow! I'd buy it for 1,000,000 dollars. Just kidding.