New guy from Ohio

Hello all!

I came out of my Dark Ages in the summer of 2012 whilst browsing through a toy aisle and coming across the updated Batcave. I then caught the fever, went berserk, loaded up my life with Lego, and have been enjoying the hobby immensely.

I discovered Brickset pretty quickly and have been using it as my main source of news, rumors, and, of course, as a means of keeping tabs on my collection.

I love reading the forum, and decided it was time to sign up just in case I felt compelled to chime in on anything. Being new to this subset of fandom, I'm not quite up to speed on all the lingo, etiquette, and what-not, so I mostly lurk. I have learned so much from everyone here! Thank you to everyone who contributes!

My interests are varied, just like everyone else on here, but my first love is Star Wars. I also love the Modulars and the Monster Fighter line was absolutely brilliant!

After all my initial excitement I've definitely started to slow down on my purchases. At first, I'd try anything! City sets? Yep. Creator sets? Yep! Lego Exclusives? Triple yep!! Hero Factory? Yeah, but not for long haha! Still haven't tried a Technic set or Mindstorms, but they are on my radar.

Any-who, thanks for reading this and I look forward to more Lego madness!!
Lego4ever

Comments

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    Welcome from IL.
    That first year can be really hard on the bank account. LOL :-)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    edited April 2013
    @Tuff_Pupil- Welcome aboard! It's nice to welcome a member that is somewhat near me. It's definitely a wise choice too pick a theme, and stick with it for a bit. Otherwise it is easy too go overboard.

Also, if you buy too fast, you never have a chance to enjoy your last purchase!

Best of luck fighting the LEGO craze... it's a difficult (and rather impossible) fight too win ;o)
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Welcome from a fellow Ohioan! I am in the Cincinnati area myself. It's a slippery slope believe me. I bought a Millenium Falcon on sale, and it's turned into nearly 30 sets in the past year and a half. Only OT Star Wars and Superheroes for me though, I try to keep it at a minimum(otherwise I would be homeless, vehicle-less, and/or relationshipless lol)
  • Tuff_PupilTuff_Pupil Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Everything you folks said is absolutely true, ha! My wallet is certainly thankful that my interests are narrowing, although I did just get the Death Star...but I had some VIP dollars saved up so it wasn't so bad :)

@Goldchains- I'm up in north central Ohio, smack in the middle of Cedar Point territory. The Lego store in Cincy was the first one I was ever in. It was like discovering shangri la! Got my Imperial Shuttle from there.

Also, running out of space will make you get real choosy as well, as I am quickly discovering to my chagrin lol! ...maybe this will motivate me to finally finish my basement...hmm