Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from blustery somerset

Hi!

I'm Beth, I live in Somerset but am originally from the midlands and I'm an AFOL (probably obvious or I'd not be here but you know, just sayin) my age is a number between 18 &100 and is completely unimportant hehe. I loved LEGO as a kid and finally gave into the urge to collect LEGO last year when my boys asked if they could have some series 6 CMF's. I love CMF's and feeling the packets but am up to date with recent series so am working my way back through series 1 & 2, also love harry potter, monster fighters, city, creator, marvel super heroes, ninjago and I have my first(maybe only?) TMNT kit which arrived earlier but I'm reserving judgement on that until the boys are asleep and I can savour it in peace. My main passion though is buying star wars LEGO kits for my husband and sons, even if that sometimes means buying it brick by brick from bricklink.
My husband gets my LEGO obsession which is amazing but my friends do not, and I would really love to find some like minded peeps and share a love of LEGO :D

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited April 2013
    Hey Beth! Welcome to Brickset! Deffo lots of like-minded folks here :-)

I'm sure you'll find loads of bargains here on the various themes you're interested in - and probably some on themes you didn't think you wanted ;-)

Lucy (in blustery and snowy Bucks :-S)
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Hello Beth, Welcome, my friends don't understand my Lego obsession either, not entirely sure my other half gets it although he is very tolerant and has been known to help me build and sort from time to time! This is a really friendly place with lots of interesting discussions. Enjoy!
    Jain in Scottish Borders.
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Hi Jain!

Thanks for the welcome, so nice to be amongst people who understand :D
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    "You like Lego?! At your age?!? You're weird!"

You're not likely to hear the above here, Beth :-)

Welcome to Brickset! Thousands of people here who share your passion.

Paul (in a currently grey and damp SW Germany)
    Thanks one and all for the warm welcome! This is my first time back here since my initial post and I've missed being on here. On the evening of April 4th I found some receipts for Lego star wars sets that I had purchased around christmas but was sure I had not given to my husband, so I ventured into the loft to fnd them and promptly fell out of the loft hatch! 1 catastrophic compond ankle fracture later, 3 weeks in hospital, and 3 operations later including 1 external fixator and I am home and now able to log on and join in :D
    And my husband has since been into the loft without falling out of it himself and retrieved Jabba's Palace, Tie Fighter, Gungan Sub & X-Wing and is working his way through building them whilst I sit very quietly beside him trying not to get busted for slipping a hairbrush into my cast to have a sneaky scratch x
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Hello again Beth, sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon.
    Thanks! I take comfort in the fact I hurt myself in the quest for Lego, it's got me through a few very dark weeks and am now just so glad to be home now to enjoy it. I have a long 12 months of hard rehab ahead but my husband is promising Lego as rewards for hitting each target so it can't be all bad lol x
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Hi Beth, No worries about being an AFOL here. Hubby and I are both senior citizens and we love Lego. I have been buying the Friends sets but my favorites are the really large sets like Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower, and the modular buildings. Hubby likes the City sets and cranes, trucks and construction sets.

Hope your ankle heals with no further issues.

Shelly in Northern California
    Hi Shelly,

Thanks, I really do love my Lego and it's so nice to find like minded people, my husband is Lego mad too, but it's still nice to have others to talk to and bounce ideas off an get advice.
    I'm hoping so too, it's just been a couple of bad days pain wise.

Beth in not so blustery today but more grey Somerset
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Oops!

I heartily recommend putting the lego somewhere safer! Welcome to brickset. By the way, I'm the only Lego fan in my household, and it definitely has its blessings (such as all the lego being MINE! Mwahahahahahaha!).

:o)
    I had high hopes of making the loft into my Lego room but as I have now vowed never to set foot near it again I'm having to have a rethink. Next time the Lego shall be hidden somewhere much safer and I shall set reminders on my phone with location info so I can wrap it up in a timely fashion. Yeah, I can see how amazing it would be to have all the Lego, here I have to share both Lego and display space and my youngest is constantly after my CMFs to play with, I shuddered as I typed that too but I'm a mean mummy who doesn't share them, just buys him his own and then weeps in the corner when the sets end taken apart and in the main Lego box lol.