Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

UCS Falcon 10179 still a good investment?

13»

Comments

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    ^ Yeah, I would love to have the motorized ATAT. They go for around $200 used so I wouldn't classify it as "affordable". I'm sure they will re-release it sometime in the near future.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ And $300 new, which is triple RRP. :(

I actually had one set aside to build, but sold it a few months ago for $270, just couldn't break it open to build at that price.

Another one will be done, perhaps not motorized, but sometime in the next few years, another one will be done.
  • jcb193jcb193 Member Posts: 148
    And how much do you think a re-release AT-AT would be? I'm guessing at least $200-$300? I meant it was affordable in comparison to older sets (IMO). Used ones can be had for $150-175 if you're lucky.
  • jcb193jcb193 Member Posts: 148
    And, in my opinion, is money well spent. A super fun build (except for the four legs), and once you see it walk across your floor, your smile will light up the room. Buy it. Build it. Sell it.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,137
    I adore the 10178 Motorized AT-AT. One of my favorite sets. Just watching it lumber across the room with Luke dangling by the cable is awesome.
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 255
    If the Ewok village set does well and we see a redo of Cloud city, I'd also like to see a larger Moss Eisley set with a cantina and outside area with Storm Troopers and a Bantha. Lot of tan bricks.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    I'm very late to this conversation, but I don't understand some of the BrickPicker bashing, and I commend the site owners for their continued reasonable responses in the face of criticism.

It's not a perfect tool, but it's one of the few we have for historical valuations, and they are working hard at improving it, as they say.

timinchicago