Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] B&N - BOGO 50% Educational toy or game - 3/28 to 3/31 (In-store only)

Got an email from Barnes & Noble stating that they're going to have a BOGO 50% sale on Education toys and games starting Thursday. The picture shows a Chima set so I assume it would apply to LEGO in general. Unfortunately this is in-store only.
bn.jpg 45.6K

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Thanks for posting. My local B&N doesn't have a very large LEGO inventory, but I'll check it out nonetheless.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Does it require a coupon or is it just an in-store promotion?
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    In-store promotion. The link in the email takes you to their online store locator.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I signed up for the B&N customer card and added my kids and they sent me a coupon for 30% off one toy per kid I added to my card.....I havent used it yet. I wonder if its stackable...hmmmm?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    ^ history says that it is...
    and don't forget the 10% for B&N members...
    If thats the case then my B&N and two Helms Deep sets with my name on it.
    @Thanos75, thanks for kidsclub tip... got my 30% off coupon too. One of the mall in my area with a B&N store also offers a $20 giftcard if more than $100 is spent at any of its store... now I just hope B&N has a good inventory for a great buy...
  • zippityzoomzippityzoom Member Posts: 86
    Anyone have an update to this deal?
    I am leaving now to go check it out....i will have an update in about an hour
    @Thanos75 Thanks. Where are you located?
    I'm in New Orleans
    deal starts today, I will be checking it out this evening
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    It'd be nice if someone can confirm if the Architecture sets qualify or not.
    Also received a 20% off one item coupon today. Would love it if that stacks.
  • ShouldavilleShouldaville Member Posts: 51
    I found a few Harry Potter sets recently at a smaller town B&N. Be sure to ask staff...between displays, end caps, and remote corners, they aren't organized very well.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Nothing good at my B&N so I passed.
    But is anyone able to confirm that the promo is in effect and stackable with coupons?
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    I can confirm that the architecture sets do not qualify. They claimed that puzzles, etc. do not qualify either. I have not yet tried on regular lego (no selection at the one store I went to).
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Hmm... tempting. The B&N by me has a couple of City of Atlantis sets still available. I would love to be able to buy one and flip the other, but Atlantis sets are still dogs in the aftermarket.
    The NE Indy store basically has 30% off everything for a moving sale so they aren't participating in the BOGO. Pretty picked over, but Architecture sets are included (incl one beat up Robie House), and a few Friends and Ninjago sets left.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    In Central VA, I picked up 70005-Rancor Pit and TMNT Shellraiser, each marked up to $62.95, but came out to $42.49 each after 10% and BOGO50. Also combined 79002-Attack of the Wargs and TMNT Turtle Lair Attack for total of $73.27 (the Warg set was $55, but it was close and this is my first purchase of this set.

The really hard part was NOT picking up the 2x Epic Dragon Battle sets...
    Does anyone know if this is all B&N stores across the country or just participating ones? In NYC, I'm used to certain offers being excluded here.

The NE Indy store basically has 30% off everything for a moving sale so they aren't participating in the BOGO. Pretty picked over, but Architecture sets are included (incl one beat up Robie House), and a few Friends and Ninjago sets left.

@Shouldaville - is that "NE Indy" as in NorthEast Indianapolis? If so, do you mean the Castleton store?
    I'm back from my trip.....The 30% off coupon DOES NOT STACK.... Its the BOGO or the coupon...not both. I went to my local B&N to get the two Helms Deep sets that i saw the other day but they were already gone. I did end up picking up a book or two and when I was checking out I noticed the two Helms Deep sets sitting behind the counter with a reserved sticker on them...the name was "Roberts". I didnt see anything else I wanted and I had nothing else planned for the day so I headed to the B&N on the west bank to see what they had. They didnt have much of a selection but I did pick up 2 #9471 sets and 2 #21016 sets. They had a bunch of the Sungnyemun sets so I just picked out the two with the best boxes. When I was checking out the Architecture sets didnt ring up as BOGO but the cashier gave them to me anyways...sweet...but when I was checking out I noticed a Helms Deep sitting behind the counter with a tag on it that said..."Roberts"...hmmm. I asked about the set and she said that it got reserved lastnight .......

@sidersdd - yes, the 82nd St. (Clearwater) location closer to the Fashion Mall. I heard "moving across the bridge", so maybe the old Borders location by the Fashion Mall. Not really worth it for a LEGO trip, but a lot of other stuff 30% off.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Picked up 2 Olivia House for something like $95 before tax with BOGO and member's discount. Like @Thanos75, I could not get the 15% coupon to stack (CSR pointed out the "cannot be combined with other discount/offer" and did not even scan it). I was also told that the architecture sets are not eligible since they are not considered "educational" (so only the sets in the Toys or the Kids section are).

The really hard part was NOT picking up the 2x Epic Dragon Battle sets...

Haha, I had the exact same dilemna!
    ^ interesting choice of words, as seen on the first post, the BOGO50% is for "Educational Toy"
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Thanos75 said:

I'm back from my trip.....The 30% off coupon DOES NOT STACK.... Its the BOGO or the coupon...not both. I went to my local B&N to get the two Helms Deep sets that i saw the other day but they were already gone. I did end up picking up a book or two and when I was checking out I noticed the two Helms Deep sets sitting behind the counter with a reserved sticker on them...the name was "Roberts". I didnt see anything else I wanted and I had nothing else planned for the day so I headed to the B&N on the west bank to see what they had. They didnt have much of a selection but I did pick up 2 #9471 sets and 2 #21016 sets. They had a bunch of the Sungnyemun sets so I just picked out the two with the best boxes. When I was checking out the Architecture sets didnt ring up as BOGO but the cashier gave them to me anyways...sweet...but when I was checking out I noticed a Helms Deep sitting behind the counter with a tag on it that said..."Roberts"...hmmm. I asked about the set and she said that it got reserved lastnight .......

In all honesty, I don't believe in "reserving" things at a retail store - you are there to buy it or you aren't. I would have said I'm Roberts :)

Now, if they were paid for, that's a different story.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,161
    @Poochy, South Coast plaza store right? lol FYI The store in Orange lets the you stack15%, I had a pretty big haul this morning :)
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    @kwkw No, this was at the Spectrum. There was some initial confusion among the staff about the specifics of the deal. CSR had to call and check with some other CSR, and she ended up just scanning the sets to find out (not sure why she didn't do that to begin with). I may have to visit the Orange store now. Is there anything worth getting there (assuming you didn't clear them all out already)? :)
    my 30% didn't stack, so I used it by itself on #9450 and used BOGO for #70503. With the member discount, total for 3 sets was still under the RRP of the 9450...
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Was going to buy 2 helms deep but the cashier wouldn't let me stack the 15% coupon. I left them as $100+ for these is still too expensive.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,161
    @Poochy lol no i didn't clear them out, plenty of SW, Ninjago, Creator, Friends and City sets left. There were no LOTR or Hobbit from what I saw.
    Jonn420
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 Member Posts: 53

Does anyone know if this is all B&N stores across the country or just participating ones? In NYC, I'm used to certain offers being excluded here.

I was at the B&N in Forest Hills, Queens and they're doing the BOGO 50% off.

• scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    There wasn't much to choose from at my local B & N (Iowa). Cheaper Ninjago, some Friends, a couple City, a Vampire Castle, 2 LOTR Uruk-Hai Army and 2 Helms Deep. I ended up getting a couple Friends Olivia Houses. I thought about the Helms Deep but $100 each was still a bit much. But now I've got a Members discount of 10% on that which makes them $87.75each. Are they worth that?
    @LegoDad42 Thanks.

I went to the Union Square one and picked up two Rancor Pits. My 30% coupon wasn't stackable unfortunately.

After tax, the price of about $51 for each isn't THAT great a deal. Might return them.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,937
    I went with just using the 20% coupon on one item. (I'm guessing those that are not members had 15% coupons) I coupled that with my 10% membership discount. That gave me $45-$46 on the Rancor Pit, and $49 when tax was included.
    I didn't need two, so using the other coupon was a better deal. In your case, if you didn't need two, the 30% coupon might have made more sense.

Yea, figured buying two would net me the best savings and hopefully I could flip the second one for at least $50. As it turns out, it's on par with the Amazon price (last week or so) of $49.

@sidersdd - yes, the 82nd St. (Clearwater) location closer to the Fashion Mall. I heard "moving across the bridge", so maybe the old Borders location by the Fashion Mall. Not really worth it for a LEGO trip, but a lot of other stuff 30% off.

Thanks for the info. I bet you're right - the Borders location must be where they're heading. It should make for a larger store too - which hopefully means a larger LEGO section.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    All the sets in my B&N store are at least 10% above retail...helms deep was 15% above msrp. My area B&N also was not allowing the sale on DK book collections.
  • KanohiKanohi Member Posts: 41
    Two Ghost Trains for me. Nothing else that isn't findable elsewhere cheaper.

Neither location I stopped at had anything listed above MSRP.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I noticed markups on some products, but mostly licensed and mostly recent sets. The Hobbit sets were marked up, but not Lord of the Rings. Star Wars and TMNT also marked up, but not prohibitively so. I would have been happy to get 2 of them, but only one store had one, with nothing comparable to pair it with. Still, being able to get a couple of Uruk-Hai sets made it well worth my time.